What's new

ET12: Ethernet Backhaul troubleshooting

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I see, I appreciate the info!

I'm running into a weird issue: I disabled Wifi 6 but it seems that it only disabled it for one of the two AP's, the one on my first floor. However, when I connect to the AP on the second floor and try to access the admin, it redirects me (looking the IP in the address bar) to the AP on the first floor.

How do I access the AP on the second floor, which is set up as a AI Mesh node with Ethernet Backhaul still?
Use different SSIDs.

Reading through this post there is one point that seems to have been missed. AiMesh setup will not work with your Zyxel switch as it is a managed switch and needs to be set up with Vlans. Connect the Ethernet directly from the router LAN port to the node WAN port.

Use different SSIDs.
That has no bearing on the problem he was having. See post #18.

Reading through this post there is one point that seems to have been missed. AiMesh setup will not work with your Zyxel switch as it is a managed switch and needs to be set up with Vlans. Connect the Ethernet directly from the router LAN port to the node WAN port.
This was already covered in posts #6 and #12.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!