What's new

Ethernet adapter advice please.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

houghton19

Regular Contributor
Hey everyone. After a little help please, we are in the middle of selling our house and are having to move into rental for 6-12 month while we find a new house we like.

In this and previous houses I have always ran cat5 cable as we use xbmc in bedrooms upstairs to stream to TVs in bedrooms.

So thinking as in rental I won’t be able to run new cables through walls and external of building.

I have a Asus 5300 and in all honesty havnt really tried streaming from it to devices wireless, always been told streaming needs hard wired.

So was looking into the Asus pl-ac56, I cant find anywhere if I can use one master one plugged into router and multiple slaves.

I like the look of the ac56 and like my asus router so this is why I was going that way.

I havnt done much with power extenders either, I do know you need decent electrics and on the same side of breaker.

Wife is possibly wanting a new build house (dispite me not wanting one but that’s a different story) so may be a long term solution rather than just while in rental.

Any other ideas or advice will be gratefully taken aboard.

Thanks.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!