What's new

Ethernet connections on the linksys ea9500 v1.1

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

riyerb16

New Around Here
The Ethernet ports on my linksys ea9500 do not work.

Would it be possible to replace the switch on the router? Alternatively,
If I replace the stock firmware with openwrt, (I see that a build is available) is that likely to solve the the problem?

Here are some details that hopefully help clarify what I mean by Ethernet ports do not work:

Devices hardwired do not get an IP address when configured to get addresses automatically. Devices configured to use a static ip are also not able to connect to the router. A loopback test does not generate a valid WAN ip address (ip address 0.0.0.0). Devices that connect over wifi work. They get valid ip addresses, are able to ping the router , and are able to access the internet (when the router is connected to my modem)

I have reset the router many times to see whether it resolved the issue. It did not.

The loopback test as explained by the linksys support technician: Connect one end of an ethernet cable to a lan port and the other to the WAN/internet port. The expected result; the WAN address would be an ip in the range specified for the DHCP server on the ea9500. Everything is configured to get ip addresses automatically/dynamically, except for the gateway ip which is set to 192.168.1.1

I would be grateful for any inputs, insights, suggestions, or solutions.

do you get any lights at the termination on the Linksys lan ports when the other end of the cable is connected to a known good PC or laptop ?

Yes I do. There is a green solid light and an orange flashing light which I believe (not sure about that) are indicators that the link is up and the data is transmitting through the links.

Thanks