What's new

Ethernet Flow Control

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tnpapa

Regular Contributor
Is there a way to turn off Pause Frames (Ethernet flow control) in the AX86? I have discovered this is the cause of random pauses on my network but not all of my devices allow me to turn it off at the source, so I am hoping to stop the pause frames in the router.

Is there a way to turn off Pause Frames (Ethernet flow control) in the AX86? I have discovered this is the cause of random pauses on my network but not all of my devices allow me to turn it off at the source, so I am hoping to stop the pause frames in the router.

did you find any solution to this?

MIC

did you find any solution to this?

MIC

You want flow control, it is a good thing. I know you're troubleshooting that issue but I don't think this is where you want to go with that.

How about turning off flow control on the host(s) that you don't want flow controlled? The same could be done on some switches of you have switches connected. If you turn off flow control TCP will still do it though UDP and some other protocols will not and this could be a risk in the unlikly event of a DOS attack inside you network.

Some applications work best using TCP flow control and recommend turning off the "hardware" flow control. Do what is best for your applications.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!