What's new

exceeding 100m from switch with POE

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

trauts14

Occasional Visitor
i know 802.3af standard is limited to 100m. i would like to install an access point 800' away from my switch. POE extenders are an option, but does any company make a proprietary POE that can do 800'? something like the technology Dahua is using for the ePOE line of cams, but for access points?

Seemingly, ONLY the Ethernet extender for POE and POE Plus equipment can overcome the distance limitations.

i know 802.3af standard is limited to 100m. i would like to install an access point 800' away from my switch. POE extenders are an option, but does any company make a proprietary POE that can do 800'? something like the technology Dahua is using for the ePOE line of cams, but for access points?

I think the 800' distance is going to be a problem. www.poetexas has a new beta product Pt-Poe Extender for $21 but is only rated to extend the distance to 500'.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!