What's new

Exchange for small Business

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Marshall

Occasional Visitor
Hello,
Currently we are using MS SBS 2003 with MS Exchange on our server.
There is only two of us in the business and we are moving over to Apple mac in a couple of weeks time.
I'm not quite sure on whether to keep MS Exchange on our server, or just go back to POP email.
We are moving our business back home from our commercial premises, so the server will be turned off at night and most probably on weekends.
We do use the New appointment tool in Outlook quite a bit, not sure what mac has in Mail that is the equivalent
What is best for a small business of only two, and using Mac OSX Mail.
Should we keep MS Exchange or just go back to POP email.

Thank you
Marshall

Do you currently use any features of SBS? Exchange...such as public folders or shared folders 'n public folders?

There's Entourage for Macs...which is sorta like a version of Outlook.

Yes we use shared folders, and I know of Entourage, but I didn't want to buy software when Mail comes with Mac OS X.
But I have found out that if I use a Hosted Exchange, they provide you with Entourage as a free download.
I have found some good Exchange hosting plans, that work out at a reasonable price and cheaper than maintaning our own server.

Thanks
Marshall

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!