What's new

*EXPIRED* NETGEAR WNDR3700 - Bing Shopping Deal

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gringott

New Around Here
I think I got a great deal - hat tip to slickdeals.net

Here is the link to the deal:
http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=1578649

Here is how you get the best deal:

1. Go to Bing Shopping. If you don't have an account, sign up [this is MS Bing search engine rebate system].
2. Search for "wii" and then look all the way on the right hand side of the screen. You will see "Gaming Consoles at Dell" along with the cashbank link that will be for 15%. You must be signed into Bing with your Bing account.
3. Dell should have a link for "15% Bing Cashback". My screen offered home or small business. Small business doesn't work for the coupon, go to home.
4. Search for the Netgear WNDR3700, put in cart. It should show $159.99 [Eligable for free shipping]
5. Apply coupon code 6FWJ247J1P44CK . That gives 15% more off.
6. It should be around $136 now.
7. If you have a Dell Preferred Account, you can get 3% more off [or sign up for one]. To do this, check Credit Card as payment method. It should offer you the 3% off if you use or sign up for DFA instead [look around the screen].
8. If you did all the discounts it comes out to about $119 after you get the Bing rebate down the road.

Not bad, eh?

7. If you have a Dell Preferred Account, you can get 3% more off [or sign up for one]. To do this, check Credit Card as payment method. It should offer you the 3% off if you use or sign up for DFA instead [look around the screen].
8. If you did all the discounts it comes out to about $119 after you get the Bing rebate down the road.

Not bad, eh?
That's a lot of "ifs" and a prayer ("down the road"), in return for selling your personal information to Microsoft for a measly few bucks discount......all just to get a product that will be down to that same 119 bucks price in 3 months .

You may not want to discount Bing cashback... I use it quite frequently and have -- no exaggeration -- saved hundreds with it (largely from when eBay runs a major discount through the system).

What would a post that isn't shilling look like?

I've used it without issue. Free money doesn't need a street team.

What would a post that isn't shilling look like?

I've used it without issue. Free money doesn't need a street team.
A user who has never been on the forum before (street team) turns up flogging an age old marketing trick in support of a desperate rebrand of a long time loser web service.

That is one of the many faces of shilling. If you dont recognise it, too bad for you. If you do recognise it and are pretending, then shame on you. But stop wasting our time debating what are patently obvious tricks.

osamede, you made your feelings clear about the offer in your first post.

This forum section is for readers to post good deals that they see. Not to debate Bing or any other service or vendor.

What can you say? Hatred is blinding. I just got $20 back from a $350 mattress purchase via Bing. So ya, I will be shilling for Bing too. :)

Now back to OP. The 15% off Dell link is gone now. And the coupon code doesn't work either. But the general idea of working thru Bing should work. I'll keep watching for new Dell code for this.

Another approach is to wait for NewEgg to get its hands on refubs. They are really cheap that way. So can all of you who bought it already and still in the return period, please return it so we can have refubs available.

Really, folks, let's keep the posts here to pointing out bargains, not debating. Since the deal is now gone, I'm locking the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!