What's new

ExpressVPN System Log Warning (Merlin 386.2_6) AsusAX 88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Daniel LaRusso

Occasional Visitor
I'm running Merlin 386.2_6 on an AsusAX88U router, with ExpressVPN manual config w/OVPN. I have a static IP from my provider (IPv4 "real world routable"). I have the VPN turned on network-wide at all times for streaming. The DNS configuration is set to "Exclusive" so that I can run Diversion without a DNS leak with the VPN on. I've run into problems with the VPN turning off after about a week during the night. I don't have a reboot schedule or or anything like that, so it's not my settings that is turning off the VPN. in the systems log, I get these warning messages:

"WARNING: You have specified redirect-gateway and redirect-private at the same time (or the same option multiple times). This is not well supported and may lead to unexpected results"

"WARNING: --keysize is DEPRECATED and will be removed in OpenVPN 2.6"

I've posted about this before and have searched the forum for express vpn problems and copy and pasted several different custom configurations at the bottom of the VPN client tab, but still get the same problems. This is my CURRENT custom config copied from another post:

fast-io
persist-key
persist-tun
nobind
ping-timer-rem
reneg-sec 0
remote-random
pull
tls-client
verify-x509-name Server name-prefix
#ns-cert-type server
remote-cert-tls server
key-direction 1
route-method exe
route-delay 2
tun-mtu 1500
fragment 1300
mssfix 1200
keysize 256
sndbuf 524288
rcvbuf 524288
cipher AES-256-CBC
auth SHA512
comp-lzo no
push "comp-lzo no"
auth-nocache
verb 3

I PREVIOUSLY used this config:
fast-io
remote-random
pull
tls-client
verify-x509-name Server name-prefix
remote-cert-tls server
route-method exe
route-delay 2
tun-mtu 1500
fragment 1300
mssfix 1450
keysize 256
sndbuf 524288
rcvbuf 524288
comp-lzo no
push "comp-lzo no"
auth-nocache

I've uploaded screenshots of my VPN config as well. Any tips will be appreciated and I've scoured the forums for these custom config and VPN issues without any clear solutions.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-23 at 11.04.50 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-23 at 11.04.50 AM.png
    407.5 KB · Views: 128
  • Screen Shot 2021-06-23 at 11.07.39 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-23 at 11.07.39 AM.png
    401.2 KB · Views: 133

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!