What's new

Extend AiMesh - router suggestions

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Clev83

New Around Here
Hi All

Signed up to the site as I’ve come across it multiple times over the last 12 months from random googling. Some awesome information

I’m currently running AX6100, one connected to my ISP modem, the other two floors down in the living room (wireless backend). Performance wise it’s been amazing, the odd disconnect but less frequent as firmware updates come out. The issue I have is I’ve installed a Nest Security cam in the back garden and from time to time it struggles to connect. So looking to extend the AiMesh with another node to cover that area.

Looking for some suggestions, while I love the current system there is one area it falls down. I use a lot of IPTV services that needs a VPN connection, the current system doesn’t seem to have the ability to filter traffic by IP, for example I only want the device I watch the IPTV on to use the VPN, not everything on the network.

So I’m looking for suggestions on a new router that I can use with the AiMesh system that has the VPN function. I can then reposition one of the current units towards the back garden.

Don’t really have a budget in mind but don’t want to spend unnecessary if I don’t need to. I’ve taken a look on the ASUS website, so many routers on there I can’t tell which one is an upgrade on the my current devices while still have the backward comparability

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks

Welcome to the forums @Clev83.

Please provide the actual router model you're using, 'AX6100' isn't a model, along with the firmware currently used on it for further suggestions.

Thanks for the reply @L&LD

The AX6100 I am referring to is 2 x RT-AX92U, bought them as a bundle labelled AX6100...not sure why its call that though :confused:. Anyway, firmware version I am running is 3.0.0.4.386.45898

You may want to consider using one of the following with RMerlin firmware to take advantage of VPN Director.