What's new

YazFi Extending Guest Network YazFi Script to AP

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

avi68

Regular Contributor
Hi all,

This is my current setup:

Asus rt-ac86u (Main Router) -----------(Ethernet)---------> Netgear Switch-------(Long Ethernet to Garage)--------> HP Switch-------------(Ethernet)--------> Asus rt-ac68u (Old router set as an AP).

I currently have an asus rt-ac86u as my main router. I have 3 SSID's, one on the 2.4ghz, one on the 5ghz and a guest network on the 2.4ghz.

The guest 2.4 ghz wifi is setup with YazFi's script. All the devices that connect to the guest network have an ip address starting with 192.168.2.... instead of 192.168.0......

The devices on the guest network cannot talk to any other device on the network (as per the script config), and the devices that connect to the guest network are diverted to openvpn client 1.

Now as my AP (rt-ac68u) is very far from my main router, it connects through 2 network switches via ethernet. I have got the 2.4 and 5 ghz networks to work on the AP but I would like to extend my 2.4 ghz guest network to the AP.

Is there a way to configure the guest network exactly as I have it on the main router? e.g. with the script
The only issue I have is when a device connects to the AP wirelessly, the data is transferred over ethernet and the device can "see" all the other devices on the network therefore not really making it a "guest".

Any help/advise would be appreciated.

Thanks all

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!