What's new

External Asus mesh router recoomenation

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

xclaimer

New Around Here
I have a 86U as a main router and it works great - i mesh it with an 68U for kids - mesh is awesome - no issues

problem is that i have low coverage on my a 2 acre yard - i need to extend wifi to the yrd - i get 1 bar at the end of the 2 acres. i have my sprinklers on wifi and to test zones i need to connect to the main sprinkler unit - it works but barely - sometimes it drops the connections and i have to walk closer to the 86U

any recommendations to extend the mesh to the yard (external router?)

TY

I have a 86U as a main router and it works great - i mesh it with an 68U for kids - mesh is awesome - no issues

problem is that i have low coverage on my a 2 acre yard - i need to extend wifi to the yrd - i get 1 bar at the end of the 2 acres. i have my sprinklers on wifi and to test zones i need to connect to the main sprinkler unit - it works but barely - sometimes it drops the connections and i have to walk closer to the 86U

any recommendations to extend the mesh to the yard (external router?)

TY

I have a 2x86U AiMesh toward one corner of a rectangular 2-acre property, inside brick walls. I can use a 2.4 mobile phone all around the property and then some... and had these speed results with a stronger laptop. Do you have much other WiFi interfering around you? Have you used a WiFi analyzer app to see all signals as you walk around?

Maybe the irrigation device WiFi is too weak where it is... where is it. Have you tried walking out with the 68U on a long power cord or UPS in a cart to see how far you'd have to go to achieve a connection?

OE