1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Factory Firmware

Discussion in 'NETGEAR AC Wireless' started by Csection, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Csection

Csection Senior Member

I downloaded the latest factory firmware for my x4s7800. I tried to install but I keep getting a msg. "The firmware is incorrect". I am using Voxel's 1.02.39SF. Can someone please tell me how to get back to factory firmware?

2. Killhippie

Killhippie Senior Member

What firmware are you trying to download? It should be a straight swap back to standard, latest firmware I can find for the R7800 is 1.0.2.62. Maybe try a factory reset before updating, but you really should not need to, also be aware there are routers like the XR500, RAX80 so typing x4s7800 could bring up something odd I suppose which could be the incorrect firmware but that's a long shot. You could always update to the latest Voxel release then downgrade from that.

3. Csection

Csection Senior Member

Sorry for the delay. Been fishing!
    I tried 2.62 and Voxel's 67SF. no luck!

4. Killhippie

Killhippie Senior Member

rbird2 and kamoj like this.