What's new

factory reset still shows device list and dhcp table

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Gregh

Regular Contributor
I have a gt-ac5300 router. I was having some weird issues like not being able to save changes in certain screens. so i decided to do a factory reset using firmware 3.0.0.4.384.81686. I power off the router held the wps button on powered the router on. flashed the firmware with the same firmware and the rebooted again. logged back into the router and the client list was still showing even though the wireless was still at the default so not wireless clients could connect. when i tried to delete a device from the list and save it would not delete. this was the issue i was having before. So i tried the reset again and still the same result. everything else works fine so I suspect the dhcp/device file list is corrupted? I keep seeing this error to in the log that may explain some of this?
--
May 9 12:05:36 kernel: jffs2: Argh. No free space left for GC. nr_erasing_blocks is 0. nr_free_blocks is 0. (erasableempty: yes, erasingempty: yes, erasependingempty: yes)
May 9 12:05:36 kernel: jffs2: jffs2_reserve_space_gc of 48 bytes for garbage_collect_dirent failed: -28
May 9 12:05:36 kernel: jffs2: Error garbage collecting node at 00bb3cf0!
May

Just not sure how to fix this?
Greg

I power off the router held the wps button on powered the router on.

I've seen the same thing on my RT-AC86U. Use the Reset button instead.
As per Asus both methods do the same thing. As per my experience Reset button is the more reliable method.

I've seen the same thing on my RT-AC86U. Use the Reset button instead.
As per Asus both methods do the same thing. As per my experience Reset button is the more reliable method.
yea did that one first, should have included that in my post. when that had no effect i tried the wps way second

Reset + Initialize from GUI then.
ok went back and did this, no change. I have no reset through the gui, wps and the reset button at least 5 times. I even upgraded to the latest release (which i did not want to do) in hopes that it would erase or clear that file. still no change. I still get the dhcp list of devices even though i have change everything about the network, name passwords etc. only thing i can think of now is to winscp into the router through the Linux Os and manually delete the file but I have not idea how or what the file i need to delete is.

People fight with scripts to keep it, you fight to destroy it. :)
What about manually delete the entries? Reset again after, do what you need to do.
doesn't work. when i delete the entry and click apply it just comes backs. If i delete the file and change screens and come back it still there. like i said i cant get rid of it

the router works

People with better NHD platform knowledge may give you advice. Following the history of issues you had with this router I'm guessing you have a corrupted partition. Cutting the power off with your smart plug during operation may have contributed to the problem.

People with better NHD platform knowledge may give you advice. Following the history of issues you had with this router I'm guessing you have a corrupted partition. Cutting the power off with your smart plug during operation may have contributed to the problem.
yea that was a concern of mine too which is why i posted that question a while back. Most answer did not think it was an issue. but i did start to use the internal schedule and not the smart plug

Last edited:
@Gregh I'm not familiar with the filesystem layout of the GT-AC5300. Can you post the output of this command please:

Code:
df -h

sure will do that in the morning
here is your output:
upload_2020-5-10_8-19-21.png

Thanks. We can see that your /jffs partition is 99% full which is causing your problems.

One more thing please, the output of:
Code:
mount

ok tried the nvram erase and that did not work either. when i go back into the dhcp screen it still shows all the dhcp fixed ip addresses even though the setting is turn off. :(

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!