What's new

Failed to build 386.2_4

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sylphia

Regular Contributor
Code:
libupnp_arm_94908hnd
make[6]: Entering directory '/home/ubuntu/asuswrt-merlin.ng/release/src/router/libupnp_arm_94908hnd'
echo use prebuilt
use prebuilt
cp -f ./prebuilt/libupnp.so .
make[6]: Leaving directory '/home/ubuntu/asuswrt-merlin.ng/release/src/router/libupnp_arm_94908hnd'
rm -rf /home/ubuntu/asuswrt-merlin.ng/release/src-rt-5.02hnd/../src/wps
ln -s /home/ubuntu/asuswrt-merlin.ng/release/src-rt-5.02hnd/bcmdrivers/broadcom/net/wl/bcm94908/main/src/wps /home/ubuntu/asuswrt-merlin.ng/release/src-rt-5.02hnd/../src/wps
[ ! -f /home/ubuntu/asuswrt-merlin.ng/release/src-rt-5.02hnd/bcmdrivers/broadcom/net/wl/bcm94908/main/src/router/wps_arm_94908hnd/Makefile ] || make -C /home/ubuntu/asuswrt-merlin.ng/release/src-rt-5.02hnd/bcmdrivers/broadcom/net/wl/bcm94908/main/src/router/wps_arm_94908hnd EXTRA_LDFLAGS=-lgcc_s
make[6]: Entering directory '/home/ubuntu/asuswrt-merlin.ng/release/src/router/wps_arm_94908hnd'
Makefile:55: /home/ubuntu/asuswrt-merlin.ng/release/src-rt-5.02hnd/bcmdrivers/broadcom/net/wl/bcm94908/main/src/wps/common/config/wpsconfig_router_apsta: No such file or directory
Makefile:68: /home/ubuntu/asuswrt-merlin.ng/release/src-rt-5.02hnd/bcmdrivers/broadcom/net/wl/bcm94908/main/src/wps/common/config/wps.mk: No such file or directory
make[6]: *** No rule to make target '/home/ubuntu/asuswrt-merlin.ng/release/src-rt-5.02hnd/bcmdrivers/broadcom/net/wl/bcm94908/main/src/wps/common/config/wps.mk'.  Stop.

Fresh build on fresh ubuntu 18.04, same happened using debian 10.

Am I missing something?

Make sure you do a fresh clone. I had to do tons of history rewrite this past week to clean up accidentally included proprietary files, so any existing fork/clone will need to be replaced with a fresh clone.

Also note that ONLY the HEAD can be properly built now. Checking out any older tag will fail to build. Nothing I can do about that, legal stuff.

Trying to do my own build for the AX88U. However on looking at available tags using..
Code:
git tag -l
does not show up the latest 386.2_4...
The last listing I see is only 384.13-ax

Any idea why I cannot see 386.2_4 and how to get this released version to compile.

(Apologies... I'm new to the git platform)

As I said, forget about tags for now, they are no longer usable following the recent history rewrite I had to do. You can only build from HEAD.

Thank you merlin for your reply.
I have to merge commit e61b19dad0a9bbaab19d0a3c0541c014125657a0 to make it working.

Thank you merlin for your reply.
I have to merge commit e61b19dad0a9bbaab19d0a3c0541c014125657a0 to make it working.
That commit should indeed fix it for most people who are trying to build from an older branch/tag, but I haven't gone back and tested it. The most likely build failure issue will be with the amended WPS and libupnp makefiles.

I just did a forced update of all tags to at least make them point to existing SHA hashes. Still will require people to patch their makefiles if they want to try building from an older commit that's from before that cleanup commit.

Is there any forum post or links for detailed guides on how to build for AX88U?

I have tried the Wiki link (https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin.ng/wiki/Compile-Firmware-from-source) and followed the instructions, the only difference being that I am building on Ubuntu 18.04 and not through multi-pass... but the build just fails.
I am now building from the HEAD as advised by Merlin (2 posts above).

I then tried to use the AsusWRT-Merlin - Custom Firmware Manager here (https://github.com/Adamm00/amcfwm), but same end result... (Log file attached)

Attachments

• rt-ax88u-output.txt
    631 KB · Views: 659
Is there any forum post or links for detailed guides on how to build for AX88U?

I have tried the Wiki link (https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin.ng/wiki/Compile-Firmware-from-source) and followed the instructions, the only difference being that I am building on Ubuntu 18.04 and not through multi-pass... but the build just fails.
I am now building from the HEAD as advised by Merlin (2 posts above).

I then tried to use the AsusWRT-Merlin - Custom Firmware Manager here (https://github.com/Adamm00/amcfwm), but same end result... (Log file attached)
sure you didnt just run out of disk space?
Code:
/opt/toolchains/crosstools-aarch64-gcc-5.5-linux-4.1-glibc-2.26-binutils-2.28.1/usr/bin/aarch64-buildroot-linux-gnu-ld: final link failed: No space left on device

sure you didnt just run out of disk space?
Code:
/opt/toolchains/crosstools-aarch64-gcc-5.5-linux-4.1-glibc-2.26-binutils-2.28.1/usr/bin/aarch64-buildroot-linux-gnu-ld: final link failed: No space left on device
:eek: Looks like it...
I am running Ubuntu using Parallels VM (in macOS). Had increased the drive size, but have just realised that Ubuntu did not pick up the new resized partition !
Had to manually go and edit the partition size to resize.

Trying again now.

Thanks for the insight....

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!