What's new

Fastest speed between 2x devices sharing 5Ghz

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Lynx

What's the fastest transfer speed people have seen between two devices sharing 5Ghz?

What devices? Two routers or two clients connected to single router radio?

If your question is about two clients, then expected speed is around link speed /4. Lets assume you have common 2-stream AX clients close to the router, holding link speeds of 1200Mbps, 80MHz wide channel, no DFS channels used. In close to ideal conditions you should be able to transfer files between the two with about 300Mbps, or 35-40MB/sec. It can be higher or lower, depending on channel available bandwidth (other devices using it).

That's exactly what I experienced. Two clients on same radio circa 30-35MB/sec. One client to router circa double that.

Any settings to squeeze out more? I tried 160Mhz but one of my clients cannot see the WiFi then.

I tried putting one on the 2.4Ghz radio but that didn't help.

Settings - no. You need more or better hardware - more streams support, 160MHz support or more radios on different channels.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!