What's new

Fatal firmware problem with RT-AC88U ??

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Soren Hansen

New Around Here
Hi everyone.

Yesterday I bought this router, everything worked more or less out of the box - I was very impressed with the GUI and the range. It then asked me to update the firmware, so I clicked OK. Still seemed to work fine.

Next morning: No SSIDS visible, no connection, all dead. Tried resetting - not possible. Was on an hour-long call with Asus-support, and the friendly support-person was very eager to roll back the firmware. So we tried to reset it (every button-combination imaginable), but it was totally bricked. Eventually he advised me to return it to the shop as they've been having problems with new firmware locking some routers into "sleep mode". His advice was that I did NOT update firmware on my new sample!

So I'm now a few hours into my new sample. Obviously, I resisted the urge to upgrade firmware. I also left more settings on default (like UPNP - presumably making it less secure?). Yet, I'm almost afraid to leave it for the night - in case it decides to fall into deep coma again...

Anyone else experienced this? How do I know when it's safe to update to the firmware? It seems the UI doesn't tell me the number of the new fw-version. My current firmware is: 3.0.0.4.380_3341.

Best regards from Denmark,
Soren

I never experienced that problem at all. My suggestion if you want to be on the latest build go for 380.65 custom firm from RMerlin just flash it like any official firm (it has the same gui, but some tweaks and custom fixes).
I'm using it without issues at all while I wait for 382.xxxx firmware series from ASUS

Sent from SM-G935FD w/Tapatalk

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!