[Feature Request] Possibility of adding SSH client functionality in the Web UI.

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

Asad Ali

Very Senior Member
Hey, @RMerlin I have a feature request if and whenever you deem it worthy for your time and efforts.

Will it be possible to add a Web-based SSH client in the Web UI? like on a dedicated page/tab so one can interface with the CLI directly from within the Web UI and without relying on an external SSH client.
And now since we have "amtm" built-in the firmware, a native SSH client will make it even easier in managing and installing external scripts all from within the Web UI.

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
Will it be possible to add a Web-based SSH client in the Web UI?
No. For starter, the httpd server is not designed for that kind of interaction.

Even Windows ships with an SSH client now, so I don't see the point in it.

netware5

Very Senior Member
Hey, @RMerlin I have a feature request if and whenever you deem it worthy for your time and efforts.

Will it be possible to add a Web-based SSH client in the Web UI? like on a dedicated page/tab so one can interface with the CLI directly from within the Web UI and without relying on an external SSH client.
And now since we have "amtm" built-in the firmware, a native SSH client will make it even easier in managing and installing external scripts all from within the Web UI.
In the past Merlin's FW had such/similar functionality. We were able to exececute shell commands from within the WebGUI. But it was removed because of security concerns. Security is a priority :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!