What's new

Feature Request?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BenBoosted

New Around Here
I did a search but came up empty...who knows, maybe this exists and I just haven't found it yet.

In any case, would it be possible to assign a name tag to a MAC address so that when I'm looking in the client list or parental controls list I can make heads or tails of devices instead of having to try and maintain a cheat sheet of MAC address to what device they belong to?

Already possible - assign names on the DHCP reservation page.

but doing it that way I have to create an IP reservation. I'd prefer not to have to reserve an IP address as well.

but doing it that way I have to create an IP reservation. I'd prefer not to have to reserve an IP address as well.

It's the only way. Otherwise it would be redundant and confusing to the user to have two separate places to configure device names.

It's the only way. Otherwise it would be redundant and confusing to the user to have two separate places to configure device names.

Just did this to my N66R workes good but it takes between 3 and 5 minutes for the list to fully load.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!