What's new

Finally took the plunge

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Lee MacMillan

I flashed 384.19 today after 2 1/2 years of using ASUSWRT on my AC66U_B1. I took the easy way out and did not do a factory reset afterwards. As the "read me" states, all my settings were carried over. So far, so good. I haven't explored all the new features yet but I do like the extra information (e.g., temps) that's available. FWIW, the RAM usage is about the same the stock firmware as is the CPU load at idle. My temps (which I never knew before) are running 48C, 53C and 63C for 2.4, 5, and CPU. I don't know if that's good or bad. No change in my speedtest results. I'm not a power user by any means so I doubt I'll notice any real difference in performance but at least now I feel I'm part of the "in crowd." :)

Welcome to the land where the magic is real!

I did the same - but has very slow speed on beta3, will try beta4 now, without loading settings - configure from scratch ... maybe you could give it a try :)

Since flashing Merlin I can no longer access yahoo. I have a Yahoo home page and use Yahoo weather. Neither one opens and they time out after about a minute and I get the Windows error message about checking the connection, the proxy and firewall. It's not the browser, I have tried 3. It's something with the router because I can access Yahoo on my phone via LTE. Most of the sites I access regularly are fine but I have found at least four others that don't connect. As noted, I did not change any settings after flashing so unless the flash changed something, everything is the same as it was with ASUSWRT. When I run the Windows network diagnostics it says "windows could not automatically detect this networks proxy settings." My wireless laptop in the basement is very slow and also won't connect to some sites.

Need some help from the experts please!

I found my problem but I don't know how to fix it. On the IPV6 page, the IPV6 LAN setting fields are all blank and can't be filled in. My old configuration had all these fields filled in. The IPV6 DNS settings section has the same entries from my previous configuration. Running an IPV6 check says I have "no IPV6 address detected." So how to do I fill in the IPV6 LAN settings?

You do have a saved text file of your important settings, correct? If not, call your ISP.

You do have a saved text file of your important settings, correct? If not, call your ISP.
No but I have a file of screenshots. I have just done a factory reset and reconfigured and now have IPV6 back. All the websites that didn't work before now work. To be honest, I had forgotten how easy it was to set it up from scratch again. Should have done that yesterday (and I should have listened to the experts!)

Thanks to all who helped me get on board with Merlin (and to "Merlin" himself for all the work on this enhanced version of the Asus firmware.)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!