What's new

Finding Merlin for ASUS RT-AC68R

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Paradoxgrowth

New Around Here
Hello,

Forgive me for being a Noob, I am not sure where to find merlin firmware for my AC68R. I can only find firmware for AC68U. I tried to flash it with AC68U firmware, but it came back as if nothing had happened. The same ASUS firmware was on it, no Merlin hat in sight. Thanks!

That should be the correct version you're trying to flash, but which version are you trying from and what version are you updating to, specifically?

Make sure you remove all USB keys, then reboot the system and wait a few minutes before you start flashing it.

The AC68R is identical to the AC68U (the R stands for retail I believe?). But sometimes these devices come with ancient firmware preloaded so you have to update to 378.55 first before it allows you to update to the most recent version.

The AC68R is identical to the AC68U (the R stands for retail I believe?). But sometimes these devices come with ancient firmware preloaded so you have to update to 378.55 first before it allows you to update to the most recent version.
From the supported devices:
The U (Universal), R (Retail) and W (White casing) variants are all supported, as they are the exact same hardware and firmware, only different marketing SKUs or different case color

Thank you so much for the reply everyone. It would appear that the firmware version is
3.0.0.4.374_379. I will up grade the firmware then get back to you. Thanks again!