What's new

Firefox crashing ac68u

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dahyippur

Occasional Visitor
Had a ton of tabs open and launched a live stream from twitch. The roku in the living room came to a halt just as I noticed my twitch stream stalled so I slowly loaded into my modem and router logs, no reports. Core1 of the asus was steady at 100% until I closed firefox, then everything went back to normal. Everything is on default settings for latest merlin fw, apart from adaptive QoS being enabled.. Where would I even start to diagnose something like this?

See if it’s repeatable in any way and can indeed be pinned on Firefox, first, and perhaps find what if anything is the ‘last straw’ or the trigger.

Try similar actions with a different browser.

Try the same thing but with Firefox on a different device.

Have you made any changes recently? Firmware updates, setting changes, new devices on network......?

Which firmware version?

Last edited:
Sadly I can't recreate the problem despite my best efforts. Even when intentionally maxing out bandwidth QoS keeps everyone happy without a hiccup, just can't imagine what would flood the router like this. I did notice ublock origin had blocked a few hundred ads before I closed out the stream and firefox, which immediately let everyone back online. Starting to wonder if I've ddosed myself with adservers o_O

Running Merlin 384.4 on default settings apart from adaptive QoS + FreshJR script and a dns filter for a pair of mobiles, not global, no recent changes or additions

Last edited:
To be honest, I wasn’t expecting it to be repeatable, but it might be something that is intermittent, and, if it is, it shouldn’t take many instances before you start to spot a pettern. More likely, it was a one-off. But you know you’ll always get a friendly response if you do need to come back to the forum.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!