What's new

Firewall - Network Services Filter Problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Spicy93

New Around Here
Hi All, Im looking to setup my network services filter to block WAN access to my IoT devices. See attached picture, I believe I set it up correctly, I found an older post saying to block port 443 to limit secure connections as well, so I did that.

Interestingly I still can access the IoT Devices from WAN, and when I monitor the router logs, I see those IP Addresses connecting using port 443.

Now attempting to block HTTPS disagrees with the statement at the top saying HTTPS can not be blocked. Any reason for this or way to get around it?

Just trying to make things more secure. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2022-03-18 at 10.37.53 PM.png

Interestingly I still can access the IoT Devices from WAN, and when I monitor the router logs, I see those IP Addresses connecting using port 443.
The NSF is intended to block LAN to WAN access, not WAN to LAN. If you can access your IoT devices directly from the internet then you/they must have setup a port forwarding rule (either manually or through UPnP). Check System Log > Port Forwarding. Disable port forwarding on the device (or on the router if you did it yourself).

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!