What's new

Firewall settings/rules to stop/prevent TCP/IP stack fingerprinting

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

lindsay alberta

New Around Here
Hey guys

I am in now way an expert in this subject, but I have some questions. I want to harden my home network. Right now I have 2 routers. The first is an asus RT-AC3100 running the latest merlin build. From that router I have an asus RT AC-56U running tomato shibby latest build with my VPN set up on the router. I use this router when I want to use a VPN.

My question is I want to set up firewall scripts on one of the routers and close all ports that I am not using. I am running mac os x on a macbook pro, and also have a PC desktop here that I built. I want to stop/prevent/spoof being able to be TCP/IP stack fingerprinted, and from the reading I have done, It says to close all uncessary ports.

I just want my network to be super secure at whatever cost. Would buying a raspberry pi3 or a 3rd router for just a firewall help? I heard using 3 routers you can make a really secure network somehow. I am so sorry for my complete lack of knowledge on this subject. If anyone can tell me how I can use firewall scripts or iptables to help me super harden my network I would really appreciate it. Just bare with me I am no expert but I am a fast learner.

I could even pay a small fee if someone was able to help me get this accomplished. Let me know

Thanks

P.S. also I read somewhere about preventing incoming at a NAT level?