1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Firmware 384.11_2

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by Mar Vi, May 18, 2019.

  1. Mar Vi

    Mar Vi Occasional Visitor

    Joined:
    May 18, 2019
    Messages:
    17
    Hey all,

    I am new to this forum as well as using the merlin firmware. When I uploaded the firmware to use on my RT-AC68U router, it worked with no issues. I love the additional settings. However, when launching my Uplay game client, as well as some other programs, they would not launch. I went back to stock firmware and the Uplay client works as normal.

    Is there a setting in the merlin firmware (webgui) that I can enable or disable to have my programs work? I'd like to use the merlin firmware more.

    Thanks.
     
  2. L&LD

    L&LD Part of the Furniture

    Joined:
    Dec 9, 2013
    Messages:
    10,929
    What was your previous firmware and version? Did you do a full reset to factory defaults after flashing the 384.11_2 version (see my signature for the M&M Config guide below)?

    What features and options did you enable or change past the above factory defaults?

    What other programs don't launch?
     
    Mar Vi likes this.
  3. Mar Vi

    Mar Vi Occasional Visitor

    Joined:
    May 18, 2019
    Messages:
    17
    Hey L&LD, thanks for the reply. And no, I didn't factory reset. I feel bad cuz that should be one of the first things to do when flashing new firmware. I was using firmware version 3.0.0.4.384_45708.

    The other program that didn't launch was a chatbot (streamlabs chatbot).

    Steam/Origin/Epic Launchers ran fine.
     
  4. jerry6

    jerry6 Very Senior Member

    Joined:
    Jan 24, 2010
    Messages:
    745
    Location:
    Montreal
    just installed 38411.2 , no problems so far , install went without a hitch , manual reboot and all works a expected no strangeness in the GI or logs was on 384 11.0 release before upgrade . Thanks again Merlin and all that put in the work on the FW , MUCH APPRECIATED !
     
  5. MarkRH

    MarkRH Senior Member

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2015
    Messages:
    239
    Location:
    Oklahoma City, OK
    For UPlay, are you getting "A Ubisoft service is currently unavailable" and gives a login prompt? That's what I'm getting at the moment. Been awhile since I tried to use it.
     
  6. Mar Vi

    Mar Vi Occasional Visitor

    Joined:
    May 18, 2019
    Messages:
    17
    That is exactly what I was getting.

    I am going to upload the merlin firmware again and do what L&LD suggested. I can't do it now since other people are using their devices. Hopefully, it will work
     
  7. Mar Vi

    Mar Vi Occasional Visitor

    Joined:
    May 18, 2019
    Messages:
    17
    Update:

    I followed just about all the directions from the link L&LD provided (some settings I couldn't find). Good news is Uplay client and chatbot launches successfully while using the Merlin firmware. Thanks to L&LD for helping out!
     
  8. MarkRH

    MarkRH Senior Member

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2015
    Messages:
    239
    Location:
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Alright, I did a restore to factory defaults. Now it's time to found out what setting kills the uplay launcher (it logs in now).

    Well, my settings are back how they were and it seems to still work. BTW, I did do a factory restore after putting on 384.11 initially. So.. I dunno. I did get a different WAN IP during this so who knows.
     
    Last edited: May 19, 2019
    Mar Vi and L&LD like this.
  9. Mar Vi

    Mar Vi Occasional Visitor

    Joined:
    May 18, 2019
    Messages:
    17
    Sort of similar to when you're updating a system bios. The settings that were part of the previous firmware version would not work well with a newer version. In some way, the new firmware was blocking connection to some programs. I am not going to dig too deep to find out why. I am just happy that Uplay works. Good luck!
     
    L&LD likes this.