What's new

Firmware 384.3 - is Nat Loopback buggy?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Matej

New Around Here
Hello,

I have a question about connection issues with my openvpn server since I updated my routers to the new 384.3 firmware.

I have three houses that are connected through TAP Openvpn. All three houses have an RT-AC68U router. Each network has an Intel Nuc with openvpn software and a dedicated DHCP address pool range. So, one server and two clients.

Since I updated to 384.3 my two clients cannot connect to my openvpn server anymore.

I tried to disable the routers firewall and the clients were finally able to connect to my server. Since I need the routers firewall to be enabled, I re-enabled it and both my clients were disconnected.

So, I tried to enable the firewall and set to DISABLE NAT LOOPBACK and both my clients were able to connect to my server.

Is this normal or is there a bug into the 384.3 firmware?

Thanks

In my recent experience with RT-AC68U and 384.3 firmware, I might guess that the whole firmware is buggy.

Since I've updated to this firmware version, my router stopped working properly. The Wifi signal was right but there was a lot of lost packages and poor network transfer quality. The internet connection was terribly slow (both with single and Dual Wan). I could not stablish a connection with open VPN, but pptp worked.
I even found that the web admin page took a lot to load (as oposed to v380.69).

I ended up downgrading the firmware and everything works fine now.

Hello,

So, I tried to enable the firewall and set to DISABLE NAT LOOPBACK and both my clients were able to connect to my server.

Thanks

You did not say whether this was the Asus loopback or the Merlin loopback. I would try the Asus loopback.

If it still does not work I would go to the admin page and do a factory "initialize" and then manually type in your settings. do NOT reload from a saved config. After that let the forum know if it is still not working. Just my thoughts.