What's new

Firmware for AX86S

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Curve Planet

New Around Here
Hello everyone.

I just bought and waiting to receive a router Asus AX86S, I wanted to put the firmare of Merlin but I have doubts, I find that there is firmware for AX86U and supposedly is compatible with AX86S, is that true, can be installed without problem?.

Thank you.

Hello everyone.

I just bought and waiting to receive a router Asus AX86S, I wanted to put the firmare of Merlin but I have doubts, I find that there is firmware for AX86U and supposedly is compatible with AX86S, is that true, can be installed without problem?.

Thank you.
Yes, Merlin does support it and you are in luck as the new 388.1 firmware was just released.

I received the new router, AX86S and installed the new firmware without problems, I installed it to replace the AC88U that I had before which in summer exceeded 80º celsius and now in the middle of winter was at 71º, I guess that would be the reason why I had frequent blockages and other oddities.

CPU reaching 80C in passive cooled home routers is common.

AX86U in 25C room:

1670250975493.png

CPU reaching 80C in passive cooled home routers is common.

AX86U in 25C room:

View attachment 45999
In my case with 18ºc of ambient temperature in my room the RT88U was at 71º of temperature, this summer my room exceeded 28ºc so I calculate that it will have exceeded 80ºc, the AX86S now with 18ºc of ambient temperature is at 54ºc of temp.

Captura de pantalla (509).png