What's new

Firmware Selection Installation,

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

herbl

New Around Here
I have a home AiMESH Wireless RT-AC86U as the primary router and (2) RT-AC68U units as Nodes in My Setup.

I purchased the Routers in 2018 and they, for the most part have performed well. I have never updated to the latest rev. firmware after the initial install and would like to do so for all three units.

I know that I need to flash-upgrade all 3 to the latest rev. then do a factory Reset now for all 3 units. I have 2 questions please:

1. Should I use the auto firmware upgrade method, or should I download/upload the files manually?

2. Do the 3 units use the same-latest firmware, or do the AC-68U router nodes and AC-86 primary router all have different firmware?

Thanks for your help!

I have a home AiMESH Wireless RT-AC86U as the primary router and (2) RT-AC68U units as Nodes in My Setup.

I purchased the Routers in 2018 and they, for the most part have performed well. I have never updated to the latest rev. firmware after the initial install and would like to do so for all three units.

I know that I need to flash-upgrade all 3 to the latest rev. then do a factory Reset now for all 3 units. I have 2 questions please:

1. Should I use the auto firmware upgrade method, or should I download/upload the files manually?

2. Do the 3 units use the same-latest firmware, or do the AC-68U router nodes and AC-86 primary router all have different firmware?

Thanks for your help!

Firmware is listed on the Asus Support website for each model.

Reset FAQ
Reset Button/webUI Restore

I prefer to upload manually, trusting my own preparation for the process.

Note that there is also beta firmware, if you want to jump ahead.

OE

Thanks for your help!
Thanks Much! Are you using the beta? OK?

Thanks Much! Are you using the beta? OK?

Yes, I'm using the RC2-11 beta on my 2xRT-AC86U AiMesh... ok so far. I've been on the betas since 9/2020.

Be sure to install, reset, and configure from scratch. Do not restore old settings.

OE

Yes, I'm using the RC2-11 beta on my 2xRT-AC86U AiMesh... ok so far. I've been on the betas since 9/2020.

Be sure to install, reset, and configure from scratch. Do not restore old settings.

OE
Thanks I will give that a try!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!