What's new

Firmware Update Doesn't Change Version

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

chinea

New Around Here
Hi All,

After downloading the latest AC68U firmware and (apparently) successfully applying it, the firmware version on the system page still shows the old. Are there any known issues of applying the latest? Should I trickle down a few versions and then upgrade from there?

Thanks!

jeff

What version are you coming from? What version are you trying to flash?

Often, you also need to reboot the router before flashing, to free up enough memory.

Thanks.

I'm trying to go from 375.45 to 380.65. I rebooted and tried but the "firmware" number on the screen still reads 375.45.

if you are coming from something before 376.3626(asus) or 378.55(merlin)
you need to flash with one of those intermediate fw before going to the latest fw.
The CFE bootloader need an update.

Thanks. Will do.
Are you updating through a PC that is connected by wire? Updating through a wireless connected PC doesn't work. The update process seems to start, but doesn't actually do anything.

Thanks.

I'm trying to go from 375.45 to 380.65. I rebooted and tried but the "firmware" number on the screen still reads 375.45.
This is a too big jump for the AC68U: You have to do an intermediate update to .50 (for CFE/"BIOS" update!) and then you can go to the latest .65 version. :rolleyes:

Was discussed many time already - a small forum search would give you the instant answer! :eek:

And: Do not forget to do a factory reset after you arrived to the latest version and reconfigure the router manually - or us John's NVRAM Save/Restore tool to backup/load only the user settings (system settings need to stay on the new defaults)!

378.50 (7-Feb-2015)
- FIXED: AC68U CFE update wasn't written to flash due to permission
issues

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!