What's new

Firmware Updates Asus RT-AC5300 GT-AX11000

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ROO2020

Regular Contributor
If you skip a few firmware updates and decide to update the latest, does it update those firmwares updates you missed?
Also, I can not get into my Rt-AC5300 because it rejects my id, passcode. Do I have to reset and start all over? Can I use the same password as on my GT-AX11000? Thank you

No, it doesn't actually update all the in-between updates.

But usually, the latest firmware has all the previous fixes.

Depending on how far apart the router's firmware and that latest update you flash it to is, it may be wise/needed to perform a full reset afterward, followed by a minimal and manual configuration to secure the router and connect to your ISP. Make sure to NOT use a saved backup file either.

Have you tried rebooting the RT-AC5300 first, then try logging in again?

Have you tried pulling the power plug from the router and the AC wall plug, waiting a couple of minutes, then powering it up and try then (if the above reboot didn't work)?

Are you able to ssh into the router? You may be able to change the password there if you can.

You can use the same password, but to be sure you avoid similar situations like this in the future, be sure it is between 16-32 characters max. Also, be sure you are only using alphanumeric characters, without spaces, punctuation, special characters, or smiley faces contained within. Follow these rules for the username too (you do change the default username of 'admin', correct). :)

I had to reload my ASUS App for my phone, now I can not set it up. I had a old version but it stopped working so I removed and added the new version from this month, July 2022. It keeps telling me I have to set it up with my router. Tried and it says it can not find a router. So I used the scan and that said the same thing. Any thoughts? Thank you. I tried ASUS service but that has taken 3 days and they keep telling me something different.

What phone do you have? Is it fully updated?

And, sorry for the obvious question, but are you connected to the main WiFi (and not to Guest)?

Samsung 21+, yes it updates often. Regular WiFi. ASUS service said I need to reload my main router ASUS GT-AX11000 start over. I reloaded the APP but it will not set it up. I also have a Mesh, RT-AC5300. Reloading the main router is a pain, and I am worried something else will pop up. I also run 11 Nest products, total of 25 devices at anyone time. I use the APP as it is quick and simple to use, except now I can not get it to work. I wish I never deleted the old app and added the new version. I had the old APP through my old phone then the current phone I bought over 15 months ago. Never had a problem till now. Unless the last firmware update did this. That was firmware, dated 1-11-22. 386.46065 for the AX11000.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!