What's new

Firmware Upgrade Unsuccessful Message

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tx2nc

New Around Here
I am currently on firmware 3.0.0.4.374.39_0 and am trying to upgrade to RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_374.40_0.

I've downloaded from the webpage, extracted the files, but when I browse to the firmware file and try to "upload" I get the following error message:

Firmware upgrade unsuccessful. It may result from an incorrect image or transmission error.

Router; ASUS RT-N66W
Firmware file for upload: RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_374.40_0.trx
Computer connected to modem via ethernet.

Any suggestions? Thanks for the help!

Try from another web browser and be sure you are not under restore settings tab

Last edited:
I am currently on firmware 3.0.0.4.374.39_0 and am trying to upgrade to RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_374.40_0.

I've downloaded from the webpage, extracted the files, but when I browse to the firmware file and try to "upload" I get the following error message:

Firmware upgrade unsuccessful. It may result from an incorrect image or transmission error.

Router; ASUS RT-N66W
Firmware file for upload: RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_374.40_0.trx
Computer connected to modem via ethernet.

Any suggestions? Thanks for the help!

Reboot your router without any USB disk plugged in, to ensure you have enough free memory for the firmware upgrade to proceed.

I did try the other browsers... Firefox, Chrome, IE... no change, same error.

However, rebooting after removing the USB drive did the trick. No issues with the upgrade or errors.

Thanks for the quick responses!