What's new

Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.xxx

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Diveblaster

Regular Contributor
Hi
I have a simple question and havent been able to find any answer.
What Asus routers will have the possibility to run firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.xxx. My current routers GT-AC5300 and a couple of AX55 routers runs on version 3.0.0.4.386.xxx
Regards
Dive

Hi
I have a simple question and havent been able to find any answer.
What Asus routers will have the possibility to run firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.xxx. My current routers GT-AC5300 and a couple of AX55 routers runs on version 3.0.0.4.386.xxx
Regards
Dive
AX routers only. Doubtful AC routers ever will get 388 code base firmware.

If you need features on 388, main router has to run it.
If 386 is enough for what you require, it is stable with router running 386 while nodes running 388. I'm using such setup with a GT-AC5300 and an RT-AX88.
At one moment it will be clear if GT-AC5300 will not get any more updates and that will be the moment when that will have to go away from being exposed to internet.
I don't have any AX laptop (phones don't count, I don't do any significant traffic with any phone) so I'm not in any rush to move the entire network to AX. While I need 6 ports near the main laptop and I'm in no rush to add a switch around there.
Next major bug that's not fixed for my GT will force my hand. But so far so good speed and stability wise (I still reboot my network once a week because GT was never stable enough to go through more than few weeks uptime).

If you need features on 388, main router has to run it.
If 386 is enough for what you require, it is stable with router running 386 while nodes running 388. I'm using such setup with a GT-AC5300 and an RT-AX88.
At one moment it will be clear if GT-AC5300 will not get any more updates and that will be the moment when that will have to go away from being exposed to internet.
I don't have any AX laptop (phones don't count, I don't do any significant traffic with any phone) so I'm not in any rush to move the entire network to AX. While I need 6 ports near the main laptop and I'm in no rush to add a switch around there.
Next major bug that's not fixed for my GT will force my hand. But so far so good speed and stability wise (I still reboot my network once a week because GT was never stable enough to go through more than few weeks uptime).
Im in a similar situation with my setup :) thx for sharing ur experiences. I will also let my main router live its life till the bitter end then ill buy a center piece to build the rest around..and the story repeat itself...or ill try something new totally

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!