What's new

"Fixed a DDoS vulnerability"

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

AntonK

Very Senior Member
Hi,

My ASUS RT-AC88U recently recently received a firmware update, where a "Fixed a DDoS vulnerability" is mentioned in the version update changelog.

Does this mean that the router is less likely to be recruited as node in distributed network? Or does it mean that should the router come under a DDoS attack, it's better able to defend against it? The reason I ask is, isn't it unlikely that a home router will come under a DDoS attack? I thought those types of attacks were usually aimed at political or economic assets, not some family's router sitting in an apartment in Houston, London, Mexico City, or wherever.

Thanks for any comments.
Anton

You guys and gals are a real font of home network/WAN knowledge and opinion. 200+ views and not a single response/opinion. Takes your breath away it does!

We didn't answer simply because Asus are the only ones who know what they exactly fixed, or what they meant in that changelog.

I only read the changelog after I update and something goes wrong. [emoji23]

Sent using Tapatalk

You guys and gals are a real font of home network/WAN knowledge and opinion. 200+ views and not a single response/opinion. Takes your breath away it does!

Code:
Total: 469 (members: 19, guests: 391, robots: 59)

It doesn't occur to you that the majority of "views" are not members and don't/can't respond?

I only read the changelog after I update and something goes wrong. [emoji23]

Sent using Tapatalk

"changelog" I thought that was an IOT device for adding fuel to the woodburner.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!