What's new

[FIXED]New router Asus RT-AX88u Pro and port 563 is closed ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

LeKeiser

Hello everyone,

I'm the new owner of an Asus RT-AX88U Pro. It replaces a very good router, a NetGear R7800, that's having some weird WiFi problem.
So I just received my Asus today. I set it up right away. Out of curiosity, I launched a port scan (grc.com) and it found that port 563, nntp, is closed. I think there is a configuration in the router that I have missed. I would like to have all my ports stealthed. As they were before with my R7800.
Anyone knows how to stealth that port ?

Thanx for your return :)

Last edited:
That result isn`t caused by your router. There's nothing in its configuration that would specifically change behaviour for that particular port.

That result isn`t caused by your router. There's nothing in its configuration that would specifically change behaviour for that particular port.
But then it should be in stealth mode, right ?
I have nothing that uses the 563 port anyway on my network.
I used to scan my network before I changed the router, all the ports were stealth. I see it open now that I use the Asus router. So there must be a configuration somewhere...

When you changed your router it's likely your public IP address changed and therefore the routing through your ISP network. So it's probably your ISP blocking this port.

You can check whether the router is listening on that port by using Network Tools - Netstat, or by SSHing into the router and running netstat -nlp | grep :563.

When you changed your router it's likely your public IP address changed and therefore the routing through your ISP network. So it's probably your ISP blocking this port.

You can check whether the router is listening on that port by using Network Tools - Netstat, or by SSHing into the router and running netstat -nlp | grep :563.
My bad !!!
I've opened this port myself :(
I totally forgot I did that, it's for my newsgroup server.
Stupid fat me :O

Thanx for your help though :)