What's new

Flash Linksys XAC1900 with EA6900 firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ddaenen1

Very Senior Member
I recently bought a Linksys XAC1900 to be configured in bridge-mode and used as an access point hooked up to my switch. So far so good and works flawless.

As i understand it, the XAC1900 hardware is identical with the EA6900 with that difference that the XAC1900 has different firmware to support the DSL modem functionality that is integrated in the power supply.

Oddly enough, Linksys has never published any firmware updates for the XAC1900 whereas there are many firmware updates for the EA6900.

As i am never going to use the DSL modem functionality i am thinking of flashing the XAC with EA6900 firmware.

My question is very simple: any experiences from members with this or insights, recommendations?

Oddly enough, Linksys has never published any firmware updates for the XAC1900 whereas there are many firmware updates for the EA6900.

As i am never going to use the DSL modem functionality i am thinking of flashing the XAC with EA6900 firmware.

I would not recommend it...

Linksys FW tends to be very model specific - even with same HW, for example WRT1900ac v2 vs. WRT1900acs V1, but the firmware is not cross compatible, as they moved the cal tables...

I would not recommend it...

Linksys FW tends to be very model specific - even with same HW, for example WRT1900ac v2 vs. WRT1900acs V1, but the firmware is not cross compatible, as they moved the cal tables...

I know this is a almost a year old...

But yes - it works

The firmware is old on those xac routers - so a dd-wrt flash works
https://www.linksysinfo.org/index.p...5-or-later-on-linksys-ea6900-or-ea6700.74209/

I flashed CFE1307 on there too - now I am running xwrt-vortex ac68u clone on it

works a treat

I know this is a almost a year old...

But yes - it works

The firmware is old on those xac routers - so a dd-wrt flash works
https://www.linksysinfo.org/index.p...5-or-later-on-linksys-ea6900-or-ea6700.74209/

I flashed CFE1307 on there too - now I am running xwrt-vortex ac68u clone on it

works a treat

Thanks for that but i sold the XAC1900 a long time ago and replaced it with an Netgear R7000 which in the mean time, has been replaced with a Cisco WAP571 :)

Hi,
I know this is old now but is the only place I found someone asking about Linksys XAC1900 alternative firmware.
Just in case others might be interested, I found that following the instructions for EA6900 you can get DDWRT, AdvanceTomato or AsusMerlin
Here is a link which might help you:
Add Merlin on EA6900

P. S. I love DDWRT but this time I found AsusMerlin better. I hope this is not going to start a debate here ;)

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!