1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Flash Linksys XAC1900 with EA6900 firmware

Discussion in 'General Wireless Discussion' started by ddaenen1, Mar 23, 2019.

1. ddaenen1

ddaenen1 Regular Contributor

I recently bought a Linksys XAC1900 to be configured in bridge-mode and used as an access point hooked up to my switch. So far so good and works flawless.

As i understand it, the XAC1900 hardware is identical with the EA6900 with that difference that the XAC1900 has different firmware to support the DSL modem functionality that is integrated in the power supply.

Oddly enough, Linksys has never published any firmware updates for the XAC1900 whereas there are many firmware updates for the EA6900.

As i am never going to use the DSL modem functionality i am thinking of flashing the XAC with EA6900 firmware.

My question is very simple: any experiences from members with this or insights, recommendations?

2. sfx2000

sfx2000 Part of the Furniture

I would not recommend it...

Linksys FW tends to be very model specific - even with same HW, for example WRT1900ac v2 vs. WRT1900acs V1, but the firmware is not cross compatible, as they moved the cal tables...