What's new

Flashed DD-WRT to r7000p and ipv6 is a nightmare....

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

seanmichael3

New Around Here
Is there anyone that can help me set up ipv6?? I have my r7000p as my main router that is connected to the ONT. Im using my older r7000 downstairs as an AP.

I am running Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r36070M kongac (05/31/18)

Netgear stock firmware automatically set up the ipv6 so I had no issues. My ISP provides it via 6to4 I know that much... after that I am clueless

I would post about this on the DD-WRT forums...

Lol. There is more than 6. I don’t remember seeing your post. Is your username the same there as it is here?

Give it some time. It could also be that no one has an answer to your problem.

I am running dd-wrt kong firmware on a Netgear r7500v2. So my experience might not be valid for the r7000. But to enable ipv6 on dd-wrt kongac firmware, go to admin after signing in and under command line enter ifconfig eth0 promisc and apply. Test your ipv6. If you still have problem with your win10 computer then you need to add a new rule to the windows firewall:

open a CMD prompt and type
netsh
advfirewall firewall add rule name="ICMPv6 echo request" protocol=icmpv6:8,any dir=in action=allow

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!