What's new

Flashed to 3.0.0.4.270.25b, now password not recognized?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitsuj3580

New Around Here
I just bought an n66u. It came with .4.260 firmware. I ran the setup utility and set a password for the router.

I then flashed to merlin's 3.0.0.4.270.25b build. When it successfully finished flashing, I can no longer get back into the router's settings with my password?

Does the Merlin build set a default password?

Can someone please tell me how to get back into my router's settings by setting a new password?

Thanks!

I just bought an n66u. It came with .4.260 firmware. I ran the setup utility and set a password for the router.

I then flashed to merlin's 3.0.0.4.270.25b build. When it successfully finished flashing, I can no longer get back into the router's settings with my password?

Does the Merlin build set a default password?

Can someone please tell me how to get back into my router's settings by setting a new password?

Thanks!

The firmware doesn't change anything related to login - it's the same code and the same settings.

Double check your username and password, or try the default username/password in case your router got reset to factory defaults (user: admin, password: admin).

Thanks for the quick response! My current password is definitely not working. I will try the default admin password.

If that doesn't work, is there a way to set a new password?

Thanks for the quick response! My current password is definitely not working. I will try the default admin password.

If that doesn't work, is there a way to set a new password?

You will have to reset everything to factory defaults if you lost your password, by using the reset button.

Yep, it went back to 'admin' as the password. I have it set up with your firmware and its working great! 5 ghz is amazing compared to the very congested 2.4 in my community.

Thanks again!

Having the same issue.
Installed merlin firmware. Turned on AI and it adviced me to change default admin user. So I did.
Now can't login. Did hard reset and setup new network and password with default admin user.
Then logged out, but when logging in again user and password not recognized. I read something that weird characters or to long password might cause this, but when setting up a new network after hard reset, the gui isn't complaining about that and just accepted my new password.
It did work before without merlin with the same credentials.

This is an 8 years old thread. Definitely sure that your issue has absolutely nothing to do with firmware 270.25b from 213.

Status
Not open for further replies.