1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Flashing AC66U_B1 384.7

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by Legeril, Oct 13, 2018 at 5:46 PM.

1. Legeril

Legeril New Around Here

Been trying to get this flashed for 2 months.

Router Firmware: 3.0.0.4.384_21140

I used the AC68U downloads per the instructions.
    First I was trying 384.6 ,but then figured I may need 384.7
    The below happens with both version of the firmware

Webui upload -Upload gets to 100% then immediately flash unsuccessful and revert.

Rescue Mode - miniweb ui crashes once upload reaches 50% or so. Waitied an hour or so thinking maybe it was doing something, but nothing happens. It stays in the slow blink reccovery mode.

I have googled and googled and read post after post trying to figure this out. I'm out of steam.

Any suggestions?

2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
  3. hervon

hervon Regular Contributor

4. Legeril

Legeril New Around Here

5. Grisu

Grisu Very Senior Member

This forum is paranoid in relation to TM-version.
    I know there never exists something like that in 66U-housing.

First I would try new stock 31799, do a factory reset, initialize reset and a 10sec. power cycle.
    Try again with Merlin.

6. Legeril

Legeril New Around Here

Following your steps worked. Before the rescue mode upload would crash. Now it didn't

We're good. Thank you

Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!