What's new

Flashing question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

SpEnTBoY

New Around Here
Hey guys, just curious what version you can come from of official to go to Merlin's code. I currently have stock 3.0.0.4.260 installed on my RT-AC66U and tried to flash RT-AC66U_3.0.0.4_264.22 and got an error from the device. I was able to reboot without anything bricking but I'd love to get this code on my router :D

Do I have to upgrade incrementally from say 260.21? Or should I try to re-download again and try flashing to 264.22 from 260 stock? Any help is greatly appreciated!

**EDIT** Here is that actual error I'm getting ... I tried a few times just in case including rebooting the device :) "Firmware upgrade fail. It may result from incorrect image or error transmission. Please check the version of firmware and try again"

Last edited:
Are you positively sure you didn't download the fw for rt-n66u or rt-n16 by mistake?

The actual file I grabbed is RT-AC66U_3.0.0.4_264.22.zip

-rw-r--r-- 1 spent staff 24949853 24 Dec 08:40 RT-AC66U_3.0.0.4_264.22.zip

tried re-downloading it as well ... same error :confused:

OMG hold on .... maybe unzip the archive? close this thread before I embarrass myself more :p ... sorry I'm so used to flashing eveything from zip to img to specific dd to memory locations I assumed I just flashed the zip

Last edited:
Hu,
Dumb question but you unzipped the file and used .trx the f/w file to update, right? I never have any trouble switching back and forth between dffreent f/w versions. ASUS, ASUSWRT or Tomato or whatever.

Hu,
Dumb question but you unzipped the file and used .trx the f/w file to update, right? I never have any trouble switching back and forth between dffreent f/w versions. ASUS, ASUSWRT or Tomato or whatever.

see last post lol ... some days I tell ya ... thanks for the replies guys!