What's new

FlexQoS FlexQoS 1.2.4 - Flexible QoS Enhancement Script for Adaptive QoS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I don’t know the answer since I don’t have those speeds, but I’m currently unhappy with the bursting in FlexQoS at my own speeds (400/25). Been studying burst theory for htb over at OpenWRT (how come no QoS dorks hang out here?).

I can say, in my environment, FlexQos &/or Cake do a fabulous job with 100/40.
The imperative here is to keep uploads off the NBN ‘policer’ & half the battle is won. (Speed maximisation).
The other half is buffer bloat, QOS of both flavours do a top job.
Using Flex now, it ‘just works’. :)

I can say, in my environment, FlexQos &/or Cake do a fabulous job with 100/40.
The imperative here is to keep uploads off the NBN ‘policer’ & half the battle is won. (Speed maximisation).
The other half is buffer bloat, QOS of both flavours do a top job.
Using Flex now, it ‘just works’. :)
Same experience with the 'policer' with 100/15 (120/18 in real life) Comcast business here... As long as I don't bounce against the upload limit all is good. FlexQoS keeps me just below the 18 and queues everything great so even with heavy upload almost maxing out the pip (online backup for hours sometimes) everything else works great and you won't notice....
If I hit the 18 upstream everything suffers greatly due to the dropped packages.

I think it has been discussed before ...
I was trying to use bandwidth limits on my guest network, but then I saw FlexQoS is not working anymore - it needs adaptive qos on.
Any solution how to make this work? I want to limit the speed to the whole guest network not only specific clients.
Thank you.

hi guys,
is FlexQoS working with Merlin firmware 386.1 beta 2?
i have below error message while trying to run it.

/jffs/addons/flexqos/flexqos.sh: line 1: can't open !DOCTYPE: no such file
/jffs/addons/flexqos/flexqos.sh: line 1: html: not found
: no such filelexqos/flexqos.sh: line 2: can't open !--
: not founds/flexqos/flexqos.sh: line 3:
/jffs/addons/flexqos/flexqos.sh: line 5: Hello: not found
: not founds/flexqos/flexqos.sh: line 6:
/jffs/addons/flexqos/flexqos.sh: line 7: syntax error: unterminated quoted string

hi guys,
is FlexQoS working with Merlin firmware 386.1 beta 2?
i have below error message while trying to run it.

/jffs/addons/flexqos/flexqos.sh: line 1: can't open !DOCTYPE: no such file
/jffs/addons/flexqos/flexqos.sh: line 1: html: not found
: no such filelexqos/flexqos.sh: line 2: can't open !--
: not founds/flexqos/flexqos.sh: line 3:
/jffs/addons/flexqos/flexqos.sh: line 5: Hello: not found
: not founds/flexqos/flexqos.sh: line 6:
/jffs/addons/flexqos/flexqos.sh: line 7: syntax error: unterminated quoted string
It looks like the html file is named as the .sh file. Try to reinstall.

Hi Dave,

Firstly I’d like to thank the likes of yourself, JackYaz, Merlin etc for the excellent custom scripts. I’ve been lurking on here as a guest for a long time now and they’ve helped me no end with issues I’ve had with latency etc and being able to provide proof to Virgin Media to get them to do something about it. I’ve also learnt tons about networking, although I spend several hours a week perusing over the topics on this forum!

Just a question regarding the AX86U (if I remember correctly you have this?), is it best to use the game port and FlexQoS or just the game port? It says it prioritises traffic but I can’t find anywhere that details how it goes about it. Just trying to get my bufferbloat as low as I can. I can’t tell which is the best setup to use as my speeds drop 20-40% at peak times and the DL/UL speeds set for FlexQoS then don’t work properly. I have autoBW setup in Speedmerlin but this doesn’t seem to react quick enough to the drop.
Thanks

Just a question regarding the AX86U (if I remember correctly you have this?),
Unfortunately, I do not. I have the AC86U, so I don’t think I have any answer to your question. Is the game port really just the 2.5 Gbit LAN port?

Ahh ok my mistake..

The 2.5Gb LAN port is a different port to the game port.

Just can’t seem to find any information on the optimum setup for a priority wired device.

@dave14305, I'm looking at the 'Enable Conntrack Flushing' option in FlexQoS v1.1 but can't seem to find any information on it.

When Diversion, Skynet, Unbound, and ntpMerlin (Chronyd) are also being used, is it better to have it enabled or disabled? Sorry, I don't know exactly what it does in the script. :)

@dave14305, I'm looking at the 'Enable Conntrack Flushing' option in FlexQoS v1.1 but can't seem to find any information on it.

When Diversion, Skynet, Unbound, and ntpMerlin (Chronyd) are also being used, is it better to have it enabled or disabled? Sorry, I don't know exactly what it does in the script. :)
The original and slightly outdated docs here try to explain it.
By default, FlexQoS will force all existing connections to be re-evaluated by new iptables rules when applying FlexQoS changes. To disable this feature, use the noflushct command. To re-enable it, use the flushct command.

This may be useful for users with IOT devices or cameras that establish connections before QoS and the firewall starts up during boot or any other restart activity.
It has no dependence on other Addons afaik.

Thanks, @dave14305! I will leave that enabled too. :)

Does anyone know a way of forcing Google Stadia traffic to go into Gaming category?

I don't even know their ip ranges.

I noticed that since enabling FlexQoS yesterday that Upload and Download bandwidth both appear as Downloads while I monitor the QoS tab on my AC68u (Merlin v384.18 beta1). Strangely enough, there is still traffic appearing as Uploads, but I'm pretty sure it's only LAN traffic not WAN.

Before installing FlexQoS, download and upload were working correctly. I've disabled FlexQoS, and the issue persists. Any ideas what might've caused that or how I can fix it?

My goal is to have more control over traffic and smooth out video calls while the family is on break from school and work. If it matters, my setup is MikroTik RBM33g w/LTE modem -> AC68u.

I noticed that since enabling FlexQoS yesterday that Upload and Download bandwidth both appear as Downloads while I monitor the QoS tab on my AC68u (Merlin v384.18 beta1). Strangely enough, there is still traffic appearing as Uploads, but I'm pretty sure it's only LAN traffic not WAN.
Are you referring to the “Bandwidth Monitor” tab? Also, I’m not inclined to waste much of our collective time if you’re still running a beta firmware from June. A lot of QoS changes happened between then and 384.19 final.

Is there any VPN involved in your setup?

Are you referring to the “Bandwidth Monitor” tab? Also, I’m not inclined to waste much of our collective time if you’re still running a beta firmware from June. A lot of QoS changes happened between then and 384.19 final.

Is there any VPN involved in your setup?

I saw the issue on all of the QoS tabs that report bandwidth usage, including FlexQoS graphs.

No VPN, but I didn't realize that a lot has changed with QoS since June. Not trying to waste anyone's time.

Edit: Updated to v384.19 and still having issues. I'm sure I could reset and get it going, but I'll fiddle and try to learn something today instead.

Thanks for your response, I'll let you know when I get it working and how I fix it. I posted wondering if anyone had experienced the issue, not expecting tech support :)

Last edited:
There is little to learn in this situation (guesstimate). :)

Perform a full reset and do a minimal and manual configuration to get your router back to a good/known state.

I believe you're chasing your tail here. (But please, prove me wrong). :)

Updated to v384.19 and still having issues. I'm sure I could reset and get it going, but I'll fiddle and try to learn something today instead.
How are you measuring the fact that download and upload are intertwined? Do you have a screenshot to share? There shouldn’t really be a good reason for what you describe, so I’m curious if it’s an alternate interpretation of the data shown. Behind the scenes, it’s really quite simple that Download traffic is measured going through the br0 LAN interface, and upload traffic is measured going through the eth0 WAN interface.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online