What's new

FlexQoS FlexQoS 1.3.2 - Flexible QoS Enhancement Script for Adaptive QoS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh - your screenshot still showed it in the middle?

Have you set up any AppDB rules to shift the traffic into the category that you want?

Maybe you can post fresh screenshots?

If you need to do a whole page screenshot, GoFullPage works great. I just grab entire pages, crop down to what I need in a paint program, paste into a post. I think there might be size limits on this forum - but places like Imgur will take any size of photo. Even tens of thousands of pixels high.

1636415281171.png

None of the newly reclassified traffic would show up in the Tracked Connections table, since it is not LAN to WAN traffic, but router to WAN traffic (iptables OUTPUT table). So I’m guessing your screenshot is showing some LAN device running Unbound, which would be classified as DNS by the TM engine.

You can already set and “remember” a filter to hide port 53 by putting !53 in the Remote Port field.
Awesome, It works like a charm. I only recommended the feature because I have more than one port I would like it to "remember" to hide. Great work man! I can't wait for your new CakeFlexQoS (FlexQoS w/ Cake).

Upgraded from web ui, all run fine.;)

Thank you for providing something for me to update. I guess it's difficult when you're busy working on those new asus skins.

There is something wrong.
—File transfer category—
Start with a game download from Xbox (all band for this)
Start with a LG firmware download (all band for Xbox)

Pause Xbox download.
All band to LG firmware download.

Restart Xbox download ,all band to Xbox.

♂️

If both are in the file transfer category it is probably the Xbox download running many parallel streams (similar to what Steam and other Game Distribution Platforms do).
For FlexQoS each stream is treated equally -
e.g. Xbox running 10 streams, LG running one stream: Xbox gets 91% of the available bandwidth - LG gets 9%

@dave14305 I know with your script, you have a couple rules already set. Today, I was trying to move certain data being pushed over a certain port, to a different category. Tracked connections showed it being tagged properly after I applied these rules. However the graph scale isn't showing the data being sent to the proper category.

@dave14305 I know with your script, you have a couple rules already set. Today, I was trying to move certain data being pushed over a certain port, to a different category. Tracked connections showed it being tagged properly after I applied these rules. However the graph scale isn't showing the data being sent to the proper category.
A picture is worth 1000 words (the graph, the rule and the tracked connections).

A picture is worth 1000 words (the graph, the rule and the tracked connections).

I will have to get that info a bit later, a little busy right now. I'm curious, the rules you already have set up. If I was to create a rule, that countered part of one of your rules. How does that work? Do rules get priority based off which one is created first? Just curious, if it's possible two rules could be butting heads.

I will have to get that info a bit later, a little busy right now. I'm curious, the rules you already have set up. If I was to create a rule, that countered part of one of your rules. How does that work? Do rules get priority based off which one is created first? Just curious, if it's possible two rules could be butting heads.
The way it works is that the last matching rule in the list wins. So the last rule added should win in case of a tie.

One thing I wish that was possible with tracked connections, with port info, is active data rates being shown. I know this would likely require to much resources, and maybe not even possible. But it would be for sure useful, when trying to narrow down which port data is mainly being pushed over. I remember tomato qos having this when I used it a long time ago, on a older router.

One thing I wish that was possible with tracked connections, with port info, is active data rates being shown. I know this would likely require to much resources, and maybe not even possible. But it would be for sure useful, when trying to narrow down which port data is mainly being pushed over. I remember tomato qos having this when I used it a long time ago, on a older router.

The reason I mention this, I was testing COD Vanguard on PS5, and normally once a game starts, data is pushed over UDP 3074, which I ended up creating a rule, to push it to Gaming, even tried Net Control Packet for testing. As these categories don't pass much data, so I can see if it's working properly. With previous COD's on PS5/PS4. Once a match started, between 100-150kb down/up would be pushed over UDP 3074. However as of right now, once a game is started the Graph, and data rates besides each category, isn't matching up. It seems my gaming data is being sent over Others/Web Surfing.

So I'm having a bit of a hard time trying to figure out if data is still being pushed over UDP 3074 once a match starts, and somehow a rule, or QoS isn't showing it being sent over the proper category. Just a few minutes ago I played 2-3 games, and according to the graph, for gaming, there's less than 1MB of data both down, and up. No way that's correct. This is with me creating a rule for my PS5 IP address, with proto set to both, with no special ports set. Filtered connections show all connections set to my PS5 rule, with them colored Orange, which is for Gaming.

Oh btw I'm using a AX86U. I thought maybe having my PS5 on the gaming port was causing an issue, so I decided to move it to one of the non gaming lan ports. Overall just seems a bit odd. I need to dig into this a bit more. I'm using Merlin's latest alpha2 build.

The reason I mention this, I was testing COD Vanguard on PS5, and normally once a game starts, data is pushed over UDP 3074, which I ended up creating a rule, to push it to Gaming, even tried Net Control Packet for testing. As these categories don't pass much data, so I can see if it's working properly. With previous COD's on PS5/PS4. Once a match started, between 100-150kb down/up would be pushed over UDP 3074. However as of right now, once a game is started the Graph, and data rates besides each category, isn't matching up. It seems my gaming data is being sent over Others/Web Surfing.

So I'm having a bit of a hard time trying to figure out if data is still being pushed over UDP 3074 once a match starts, and somehow a rule, or QoS isn't showing it being sent over the proper category. Just a few minutes ago I played 2-3 games, and according to the graph, for gaming, there's less than 1MB of data both down, and up. No way that's correct. This is with me creating a rule for my PS5 IP address, with proto set to both, with no special ports set. Filtered connections show all connections set to my PS5 rule, with them colored Orange, which is for Gaming.

Oh btw I'm using a AX86U. I thought maybe having my PS5 on the gaming port was causing an issue, so I decided to move it to one of the non gaming lan ports. Overall just seems a bit odd. I need to dig into this a bit more. I'm using Merlin's latest alpha2 build.
I’m also on an AX86U, with FlexQoS set up.

I have rules for my Xbox series X setup where all UDP protocol goes to gaming and TCP protocol goes to others. The tracked connections show it working as it should.

Ive tried to replicate that which you described. I found a small spike for UDP connections (sent to gaming) and a larger spike in TCP connections sent to other.

my understanding of UDP is that they are very small latency sensitive packets, so wouldn’t use much data. The TCP packets will be loading the game and stats up.

can’t see any issue with FlexQoS itself from my router.

See this thread for other reported issues with the AX86U and QoS.

See this thread for other reported issues with the AX86U and QoS.

Yeah I figured something wasn't right, because I actually created a rule for my PS5's lan ip, to include both TCP/UDP, with no specified ports. When I select my PS5 on the filter connection list, it shows all the PS5 connections marked with the rule I made.

However when I go to search for a game on Vanguard, the gaming category will show around 8-10kb on both down/up. But once I'm in a lobby/match. Gaming drops pretty much completely off, and only two categories that could possibly be passing my PS5 traffic is Others/Web Surfing. I know for a fact when I'm in a match both down/up should be hitting between 50-150kb, likely closer to 150. As that includes peer to peer traffic to the server, on top of stats data their servers pull during games, for their SBMM system.

I need to read this thread more you posted. Would be nice if there was a way to figure out what's not working properly within their QoS system on the AX86U. As something is off, I even tried not using the gaming lan port this router has. I wonder if they somehow screwed up QoS, with the way that port is getting priority over the other lan ports. Because ASUS doesn't have any info posted regarding the gaming port, and if it requires QoS to be active for that port to get priority. So did Asus some how intergrade the gaming port, without the need to QoS to be active?

I don't see a method to get this data on a per-connection level. I saw byte counts in /proc/net/nf_conntrack on OpenWrt, but don't see them enabled on Merlin's firmware.

All the guides read regarding QoS it is written that it is necessary to put a cap on download and upload.
With my connection if I put the cap I have bufferbloat. Without cap I have A+ A A+

The buffebloat is very accentuated on the upload cap.
Very strange, isn't it?

Hey guys,

I have machines on my network making OpenVPN and Wireguard connections via UDP.

How do I properly shape those using FlexQoS? Is it enough to add a rule with the VPN destination port to shape its traffic or is there something else I need to do? Is this even possible?

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!