What's new

FlexQoS FlexQoS 1.3.2 - Flexible QoS Enhancement Script for Adaptive QoS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Application Gog Galaxy is identified by FlexQoS in the " Web Surfing " class.
It uses the 443 port for downloading the games.
So, this application is identified in " SSL/TLS - Mark 1400B9 ".

Do you know if I can do something to get it in the " File Transferring " class when it download games ?

Is there a way to say :
if datas transferred > than 512kb then it's " File Transfering "

Example in tomato firmware for QoS rules, there's 2 rules to do this by default (http example, but same for https exists) :
tomatorules.png

Thank you for your help.

Is there a way to say :
if datas transferred > than 512kb then it's " File Transfering "

Example in tomato firmware for QoS rules, there's 2 rules to do this by default (http example, but same for https exists) :
tomatorules.png
These are traditional QoS rules, so I don’t think they would work well with Adaptive QoS with Hw acceleration enabled.

Ok as I understand it, we can't have both adaptive mode and data transfer detection.
In this case, the file transfer mode is only useful for protocols identified for that (usenet, ftp...).
Gog galaxy, (like other applications) using only port 443 to download, can't be correctly categorized in adaptive QoS.

When running FlexQOS, is it possible to bypass it for a single client?

E.g. I want 192.168.1.10 to not have qos.
I would say it’s possible via an extra iptables rule, but it isn’t possible from within FlexQoS. Excluding one client would make the rest of the QoS rather ineffective against bufferbloat. And the GUI isn’t going to reflect the traffic correctly in the connections list.
Code:
iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -s 192.168.1.10 -j MARK --set-mark 0x00000000/0xc03fffff
iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -o br0 -d 192.168.1.10 -j MARK --set-mark 0x00000000/0xc03fffff
You could add these commands to firewall-start and see how they behave. I haven’t verified the syntax since I dont have a router with iptables anymore. The commands assume eth0 is your WAN interface.

When running FlexQOS, is it possible to bypass it for a single client?

E.g. I want 192.168.1.10 to not have qos.
When you say "bypass", what do you want to achieve by that?
Did you want that PC to always have highest priority or something?

As Dave says, it is a bit nonsensical to configure a single client like this because it would invalidate everything else.

When you say "bypass", what do you want to achieve by that?
Did you want that PC to always have highest priority or something?

As Dave says, it is a bit nonsensical to configure a single client like this because it would invalidate everything else.
I have a nas that is used for cloud backup, so basically during night time for scheduled backups, I want it to run it at full bandwidth with no qos. I’m ok with it not having qos since I control the machine.

I have a nas that is used for cloud backup, so basically during night time for scheduled backups, I want it to run it at full bandwidth with no qos. I’m ok with it not having qos since I control the machine.
In the absence of higher-priority competing traffic during the night time, it should run at full bandwidth anyway, assuming you haven’t limited the max bandwidth percentage of the category it is classified under.

Folks, Im using FlexQOS 1.3.0, how to manage the following thing: I would like to see graph of transmission service which is working on my ASUS router, onbound traffic showed, but not inbound how to fix this?

Folks, Im using FlexQOS 1.3.0, how to manage the following thing: I would like to see graph of transmission service which is working on my ASUS router, onbound traffic showed, but not inbound how to fix this?
The FlexQoS download graph reflects the statistics of traffic leaving the router through the LAN br0 interface. This is how Adaptive QoS implements its control of download traffic.

Transmission download traffic enters the router through the WAN interface, but stops on the router where Transmission runs, so it never leaves the LAN interface. Therefore, this traffic is never affected by QoS. This is the same reason a router speedtest from the GUI can show faster speeds than configured on the QoS page.

This is a QoS ”leak” in the sense that you can have traffic consuming your ISP internet link that can disrupt the rest of your LAN-based internet traffic without QoS being aware. To me, this is just another reason not to run a bandwidth-intensive application like Transmission on the router.

@dave14305 thanks for a prompt and detailed reply, so - there is no chances to catch this traffic by FlexQos?
No, not the way Adaptive QoS works. If your router can run CAKE, it would handle the traffic properly.

FlexQoS Version 1.3.1 - Released 15-Mar-2022
Beware the ides of March!

This is just a minor bugfix release to address some issues I noticed now that I've been eating my own dogfood again.

FIXED: IPv6 connections sometimes incorrectly mapped to an incorrect rule with a local IPv4 address defined.
CHANGED: Changing graph scale from Linear to Logarithmic is now instantaneous instead of waiting until the next refresh.
REMOVED: FreshJR_QOS migration script

Hey @dave14305

I haven't enabled IPV6 yet, but I'm thinking of enabling it to try it out with the recent update.

For those devices that do not have a local IPV4 rule defined...how will these items reflect in the graphs? Basically, I have a few cell phones/laptops that use alot of net control but I dont have them setup under any specific rule or static ip. I basically just turn on the WiFI on these devices, and found my internet and input my password and use as normal.

Would you recommend making these devices use a static ip and adding a rule for them or just having them setup as is should be ok?

I hope I'm making some sense...

For those devices that do not have a local IPV4 rule defined...how will these items reflect in the graphs?
Their traffic will just exist as originally categorized. No need to treat them special if no traffic modifications are necessary.

FYI amtm detected the v1.3.1 update as available yet the v1.3.0 dev version installed didn't detect it.
I did a backup, uninstall, install and restore backup to get to v1.3.1.

I cannot update to v1.3.1 from 1.3.0 both webUI and ssh flexqos -update says i have the latest version. Any ideas?

I cannot update to v1.3.1 from 1.3.0 both webUI and ssh flexqos -update says i have the latest version. Any ideas?
You’re probably on the develop branch which wasn’t updated until just now. Switch to stable with flexqos stable.

You’re probably on the develop branch which wasn’t updated until just now. Switch to stable with flexqos stable.
It says already set to stable branch.

Edit: Erased flexqos and tried to reinstall, while doing that it turns out i had a weird DNS problem, router was silently failing to reach to raw.githubusercontent.com (cp: can't stat '/jffs/addons/flexqos/flexqos.asp': No such file or directory) nslooup ping failing etc., imho, if it is possible, it should have throw an error message instead telling this is the latest version, anyway fixed that by going Tools > other settings > Wan: Use local caching DNS server as system resolver (default: No) select yes and apply now script installs fine. Thanks for the great work, cheers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!