What's new

FlexQoS FlexQoS 1.0 - Flexible QoS Enhancement Script for Adaptive QoS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Uninstalled FlexQoS, setup for reformat JFFS partition on reboot. Rebooted, reinstalled FlexQoS. Still not working.

Cat command does toss this now:

ASUSWRT-Merlin RT-AX58U 386.1_alpha3-g874b3ed69d Fri Nov 13 23:15:12 UTC 2020
admin@RT-AX58U-56C8:/tmp/home/root# cat /tmp/flexqos_tcrules.log
cat: can't open '/tmp/flexqos_tcrules.log': No such file or directory

admin@RT-AX58U-56C8:/tmp# ls
D4:5D:64:9A:56:C8.cap nat_rules
allwclientlist.json nat_rules_eth4_eth4
aplist.json nc
asusfbsvcs netool
avahi nmp_cache.js
bwdpi notify
ce0.log obstatus
ce0.log.bak obvsie
chanspec_all.json ppp
chanspec_avbl.json ps_sock
chanspec_avbl.txt redirect_rules
chanspec_private.json relist.json
clientlist.json resolv.conf
confmtd resolv.dnsmasq
current_wired_client_list.json run_lldpd.sh
db settings
dev share
dhcp6c sig_upgrade.log
dm syslog.log
ebtables.lock udhcpc
etc udhcpc0.expires
filter.default update_url
filter_ipv6.default usb.log
filter_rules var
flexqos.lock watchdog_heartbeat
flexqos_iprules wchannel.json
home wiredclientlist.json
hw_auth_clm wl0_hapd.conf
inadyn.cache wl1_hapd.conf
lld2d.conf wpa_cli
mastiff.pid wpa_ctrl_2218-1
mastiff_log wpa_ctrl_2218-2
menuTree.js zcip
mnt
admin@RT-AX58U-56C8:/tmp#

Still not working.
Run ls -l /jffs/signature/ to check the date of the Trend Micro signatures. If not there, initiate a signature update from the Firmware page. You issue doesn’t seem to have anything to do with FlexQoS yet. Get Adaptive QoS and the Merlin Classification tab working before advancing to FlexQoS.

@dave14305 : is it possible to implement a button in GUI to temporary switch off all modifications from FlexQOS and custom rules ?

@dave14305 : is it possible to implement a button in GUI to temporary switch off all modifications from FlexQOS and custom rules ?
Anything is possible. How would you use this? Disable things for a few minutes, hours, days? The current disable function in the CLI will remove the webpage, so just wondering how to rethink enabling/disabling FlexQoS via the GUI.

i mean
Anything is possible. How would you use this? Disable things for a few minutes, hours, days? The current disable function in the CLI will remove the webpage, so just wondering how to rethink enabling/disabling FlexQoS via the GUI.

I mean button that will disable FlexQOS and mine rules and change to enable for enabling back - all done manually.
Reason for it is to test the original rules after update to check if I don't have duplicate rule there (for games f.e.)

Pre-release version 1.0.6 on the develop branch.
  • Removed support to migrate legacy FreshJR_QOS rules to new FlexQoS format. Separate script migrate_FreshJR.sh available on Github if needed.
  • Revert am_get_webui_page function to Merlin's version. Allows support for 20 addon webpages in 386.1.
  • Reworked service-event handler functions.
  • Removed ability to disable conntrack flushing.
  • Merge update and install functions between CLI and webui.
  • Add startup check to ensure JFFS scripts are enabled.
  • Skip applying custom bandwidth settings if Adaptive QoS automatic bandwidth is enabled.
  • Detect WAN interface internally instead of relying on firewall-start passing it as argument.
  • Trigger FlexQoS on service restart_qos as well as restart_firewall. This will allow easier integration with spdMerlin and AutoBW in the future.
Users with non-standard WAN setups highly sought after. If you have Dual-WAN, pppoe, pptp or l2tp WAN connections, please test and be sure the iptables rules work correctly. If not, run flexqos debug and let me know how your WAN interface is reported.

If you're on the develop branch already, use flexqos update
If you're on the stable branch and feel adventurous, run flexqos develop
If you change your mind or something is broken for you, you can switch back to the stable version with flexqos stable

Last edited:
  • Removed support to migrate legacy FreshJR_QOS rules to new FlexQoS format. Separate script migrate_FreshJR.sh available on Github if needed.
  • Revert am_get_webui_page function to Merlin's version. Allows support for 20 addon webpages in 386.1.
  • Reworked service-event handler functions.
  • Removed ability to disable conntrack flushing.
  • Merge update and install functions between CLI and webui.
  • Skip applying custom bandwidth settings if Adaptive QoS automatic bandwidth is enabled.
  • Detect WAN interface internally instead of relying on firewall-start passing it as argument.
  • Trigger FlexQoS on service restart_qos as well as restart_firewall. This will allow easier integration with spdMerlin and AutoBW in the future.
Users with non-standard WAN setups highly sought after. If you have Dual-WAN, pppoe, pptp or l2tp WAN connections, please test and be sure the iptables rules work correctly. If not, run flexqos debug and let me know how your WAN interface is reported.

If you're on the develop branch already, use flexqos update
If you're on the stable branch and feel adventurous, run flexqos develop
If you change your mind or something is broken for you, you can switch back to the stable version with flexqos stable
Still showing 1.05...
1605491385497.png

just switched to dev now it worked the first time

Thanks for the new release Dave. I use PPPoE WAN and I have been playing with 1.0.6 for a while and so far all the traffic is classified correctly. Great job.

Installed right after release, everything is looking good so far. Had a wan failover to usb but was at night (won't do it manually at day atm because all of us are home-working/schooling) and therefore couldn't do tests, at least there were no error messages in syslog and classification after failback is still done correctly. Great job, thank you :)

Hi,
Since the last update it seems that gaming rule has been some kind of nerfed, and I have set gaming rule for PS4 console. Even though gaming rule has been set to !80,443, some protocols end up in game downloads.

Also, upload on PS4 is not stable anymore, I dont know if it has something to do with latest flexqos update, and before it was constant. Any help?

One more thing, since I dont know if it is possible or if i have set everything as it should be, for the gaming rule, here is SS of my FlexQoS page.

1605793765432.png

1605793801592.png

Additional question, does this mean that Net Control Packets are the highest priority, and if it is does it have to be like that. If not, how and where can i change priorities?

Thanks

Hi,
Since the last update it seems that gaming rule has been some kind of nerfed, and I have set gaming rule for PS4 console. Even though gaming rule has been set to !80,443, some protocols end up in game downloads.

Also, upload on PS4 is not stable anymore, I dont know if it has something to do with latest flexqos update, and before it was constant. Any help?
The Gaming rule only acts on things that are Untracked (000000). If the signatures from Trend Micro now do a better job, then the Gaming rule might not pick up as much traffic. You have to show the connections from the device to see how they are classified.
One more thing, since I dont know if it is possible or if i have set everything as it should be, for the gaming rule, here is SS of my FlexQoS page.
I would delete the Sony PlayStation AppDB rule since it is Gaming by default.
Additional question, does this mean that Net Control Packets are the highest priority, and if it is does it have to be like that. If not, how and where can i change priorities?
Yes, Net Control Packets is the highest priority and cannot be changed.

The Gaming rule only acts on things that are Untracked (000000). If the signatures from Trend Micro now do a better job, then the Gaming rule might not pick up as much traffic. You have to show the connections from the device to see how they are classified.

1605820514473.png

Does something like this work for you?

P.S.
Thanks for the detailed answers on the prev post

Version 1.0.6 Released 20-Nov-2020
  • Simplified service-event handler functions.
  • Removed ability to disable conntrack flushing (always enabled)
  • Combine update and install functions between CLI and webui.
  • Detect WAN interface name internally instead of relying on firewall-start passing it as argument.
  • Trigger FlexQoS on service restart_qos as well as restart_firewall. This will allow easier integration with spdMerlin 4.0 with AutoBW in the future.
Update process was reworked significantly behind the scenes so if your update fails, you might need to just install again. Hopefully it works the first time. ;)

Nothing terribly visibly sexy in this release, but I'm starting to rework a lot of the code for the next major release to be leaner and better documented. More chance of things breaking in this release than looking different.

Last edited:
@dave14305 I have about 36 seconds of experience now with v1.06, and things look great! :)

Everything works, nothing broke from v1.05.

Functional is very 'sexy' to me. ;)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!