What's new

Flood of "wlceventd" - kills network

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

FlyRicho

New Around Here
Hi There,

I'm running Merlin 386.7_2 on an Asus RT-AC86U. I've been getting a whole flood of "wlceventd_proc_event(527)" events which seem to kill the WiFi network i.e. devices connected to the 2.4GHz network cannot access the internet, even though the router is still connected and I can access the internet through the 5GHz network. There are hundreds of these events, and it seems like it's authorising 3 devices continuously and every other client has been booted off? The only way I can recover it is to restart the router. Log file is attached for reference.

I have done a full factory reset (including re-entering manually all parameters). Could anyone please help with this issue?

Thanks!
Richard

Let's try that again... didn't realise I had to edit the log file slightly!

Attachments

• Asus RT-AC86U syslog.txt
    414.2 KB · Views: 87
Any thoughts on this one? It's still occurring and seems to take out the 2.4GHz network first when it happens?

Are you sure this is not affecting 5GHz as well. According to your log file you only have a single device that's connecting to 5GHz.

Are you sure this is not affecting 5GHz as well. According to your log file you only have a single device that's connecting to 5GHz.
Hi ColinTaylor - I've added some more devices to the 5GHz network now (currently have 6), but it seems that they all work ok when a number of the 2.4GHz devices lose connection. The router doesn't seem to want those 2.4Ghz to reconnect, so I can only get them back on by rebooting.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!