What's new

Folders missing over network

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

housermag

New Around Here
I have an WD Essentials HD connected to my RT-AC66U via USB. The router is wired to a WDTV media player. Problem is, the WDTV only sees the first and second folders of the shared drive. It also does not recognize changes immediately, like a file recently renamed.

All files, folders and changes show just fine when I access the shared drive via ftp, or when I connect it directly to a computer or to the media player using USB.

What's going on?

Similar problems at my Asus.

The media server of AC66U works not good. I have to restart the router many times so that it sees all the directories of my hard drive (fat32). Any changes in the directories like copy files will not recognize directly or anyway. My hard drive is Hitachi, 1TB. FTP works fine.

Another problem: Every time I restart the router it scans the hard drive on USB and this takes very long time and in the first 10...12 minutes after restart I don´t have a wan connection. The DHCP works fine at this time.

I have an WD Essentials HD connected to my RT-AC66U via USB. The router is wired to a WDTV media player. Problem is, the WDTV only sees the first and second folders of the shared drive. It also does not recognize changes immediately, like a file recently renamed.

All files, folders and changes show just fine when I access the shared drive via ftp, or when I connect it directly to a computer or to the media player using USB.

What's going on?

I had no end of problems with this and I frankly just gave up on it.

I had a 2G WD External attached, and none of the functions in the router were working right. The biggest issue was deleting folders. They won't go away. Even if you delete them from a workstation over the network, they won't go away in the router window.

I got tired of messing with it and connected it to my Server 2012 Essentials box and I'm using the media server on that instead. At least until they fix this.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!