What's new

For sale: Unify dream machine - Now lower

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rdy2

Regular Contributor
I got this Dream Machine during the first half of 2019. For many years, I had and continue to be an ASUS Merlin user, but I heard about it and decided to give it a try for some changes I wanted to make in my network. Unfortunately, when I started to play with it, I realized the software was very buggy, and it went into oblivion.

I wonder if anyone is interested.

Now $150 plus shipping

Attachments

• Dream Machine.JPG
    Dream Machine.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
I got this Dream Machine during the first half of 2019. For many years, I had and continue to be an ASUS Merlin user, but I heard about it and decided to give it a try for some changes I wanted to make in my network. Unfortunately, when I started to play with it, I realized the software was very buggy, and it went into oblivion.

$195 plus shipping
US only, offers welcome

$195 plus shipping
Price drop, $150 plus shipping

Last edited:

$195 plus shipping
Lower price, $150 plus shipping

Last edited:
I'm on the fence of buying the dream machine, located in europe, so not applicable to yours, but am curious, it'a two year old product and on version 1.8.0 with lots of updates regularly. How buggy is it? I have the AX86U with merlin on it, but I'm attracted to the beautiful user interface and seemingly powerful hardware that allows deep packet inspections etc.

I'm on the fence of buying the dream machine, located in europe, so not applicable to yours, but am curious, it'a two year old product and on version 1.8.0 with lots of updates regularly. How buggy is it? I have the AX86U with merlin on it, but I'm attracted to the beautiful user interface and seemingly powerful hardware that allows deep packet inspections etc.
I tried it like in 2019, and at the time, the GUI, to me seemed buggy, and I though it was not worth the effort. I would assume there have been many firmware updates since.
I have not touched it until I took the picture.

I have just replaced my Dream Machine with a pair of AX86U. I used the Dream Machine for over 2 years. For me it was very stable and the user interface is a real wonder. I really miss it now with my Asus.

The downside and main reason for switching to Asus was the lack of VPN, the fan blowing when I download a file.

I was really sold on the Dream Machine UI, it looked so Mac-like and futuristic, but after having done extensive research and read reviews and experiences from buyers, it seems like a pig with lipstick. The fan reving up when downloading a file is just sad. I've never heard the fan on mine, and it has two VPNs running at all time. I'm sticking with my AX86U.