What's new

Force as Master Browser not working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

NKDev

New Around Here
Hi,
I have Asus RT-AC68U router with Merlin 380.59. I have enabled Force as Master Browser setting and also WINS Server setting.
However, RT-AC68U does not show up Master when I do a net view and nbstat for the workgroup that I have at my home.
All computers (6) in the workgroup are Windows 10 Pro or Windows 10 Home. A Windows 10 Pro computer is the Master Browser.
RT-AC68U used to show up as Master Browser when I had 380.57 and 380.58.

I am noticing this behavior for RT-AC68U not being the Master Browser after I installed 380.59 a couple of weeks ago.
I scoured many forums and posts, but did not find any information.

Any insights? Is Master Browser config broken in 380.59 or there has been recent change to how Windows 10 handles master browser selection?

Thanks
-NK

Yup it is broken unless you have a USB attached. The new Beta fixes the problem.

Thanks Andrei. I checked the change log for the Beta and noticed that the issue has been addressed as you state.

I think I will attach a USB for now till the new version is official released as a stable version.

Thanks again.

-NK

Thanks Andrei. I checked the change log for the Beta and noticed that the issue has been addressed as you state.

I think I will attach a USB for now till the new version is official released as a stable version.

Thanks again.

-NK
I did insert a USB drive, rebooted the router and the master browser function started as mentioned by Andrei. So if anyone wants to get their router back as master browser, you can use a USB drive.

I did insert a USB drive, rebooted the router and the master browser function started as mentioned by Andrei. So if anyone wants to get their router back as master browser, you can use a USB drive.
Issue has been resolved in beta1 of version 380.60

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!