What's new

force connection to a preferred AiMesh 2.0 node?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mine Ong

Regular Contributor
Greeting,

I am wondering if there is a mechanism to force a client (notebook) to connect to a wired AiMesh node instead of another node what uses wilreless backhaul?

I am using multiple AC86U as AiMesh router/nodes. One particular node is connected to another wired node wirelessly (dailychained where the last link is the wireless backhaul). All router/nodes are running the latest firmware with AiMesh 2.0 ( Version 3.0.0.4.386.40558 ).

When my notebook is connected to the AiMesh through a wired node, everything is fine; I can host/attend video sessions without interruptions and it is extremely stable.

However, if my notebook is connected to the AiMesh through the node using the wireless backhaul, then once a while my video will pause, only to resume a few sessions. My laptop is still connected to the AiMesh, just no throughput.

Thus I am wondering if there is a way to force my laptop to connect to only the node(s) with wired backhaul?

regards,

Greeting,

I am wondering if there is a mechanism to force a client (notebook) to connect to a wired AiMesh node instead of another node what uses wilreless backhaul?

I am using multiple AC86U as AiMesh router/nodes. One particular node is connected to another wired node wirelessly (dailychained where the last link is the wireless backhaul). All router/nodes are running the latest firmware with AiMesh 2.0 ( Version 3.0.0.4.386.40558 ).

When my notebook is connected to the AiMesh through a wired node, everything is fine; I can host/attend video sessions without interruptions and it is extremely stable.

However, if my notebook is connected to the AiMesh through the node using the wireless backhaul, then once a while my video will pause, only to resume a few sessions. My laptop is still connected to the AiMesh, just no throughput.

Thus I am wondering if there is a way to force my laptop to connect to only the node(s) with wired backhaul?

regards,

I m not sure you can do precisely what you want. However, if you view a cient in the AiMesh tab, you can click on the symbol (attached) to bind it to the node to which it is currently attached.
1607117130024.png

thank you, that is what i am looking for. will test it for stability and report back.

regards,

I m not sure you can do precisely what you want. However, if you view a cient in the AiMesh tab, you can click on the symbol (attached) to bind it to the node to which it is currently attached.View attachment 28214
Hi there,

I have this exact problem where the clients tend to stick to the router and won't go to the nearest node. I have the CT8 system.

I don't have the attach icon in my firmware...and I'm on the latest official firmware 386_22245. Is the attach feature only available in one of the RCs?

Thanks!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!