What's new

Fork 380.57 HGG-FINAL

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
All build goes in same three so every one can follow
Big diff between 378_55_3 and newest one 380_57 HGG final
Still the same work, and why limit it to just 68U, seems no meaning there.

Please also see the previous topic (http://www.snbforums.com/threads/asuswrt-merlin-378-55-3_hgg-final-mod.26524/page-8#post-228716) for some more initial details on using the 380-57 HGG on the RT-AC87U.

As for myself, 380.57 HGG-FINAL has been holding up perfectly on my brand new RT-AC87U, with excellent speed, range and stability !

And as stated by GGavan already, thanks again RMerlin and HGGomes for all their hard work on this. In some later 'IT Geek Paradise' I'm sure we'll be given the chance to thank you and overload you with booz and humans of the female kind :).

Last edited:
I installed the new RT-N66U 380.57 HGG-FINAL lastnight and I'm simply amazed !!!! This firmware has made my wireless coverage and wireless speed like super turbo charged. This firmware makes my router's performance shine. Thank you Thank you sooo much :)

I installed the new RT-N66U 380.57 HGG-FINAL lastnight and I'm simply amazed !!!! This firmware has made my wireless coverage and wireless speed like super turbo charged. This firmware makes my router's performance shine. Thank you Thank you sooo much :)

Good isn't it, tbh it's giving the performance these routers should have before the regulators got their hands on them.

Hi all,

i installed 380.57 final yesterday, coming from merlin's 380.57.
I did nvram reset as well default settings, and loaded up all settings by hand.
After finished everything, my speed @5ghz is max. 100mbit, while it was 210+ on merlin's one.
I changed channel settings, as wel some other to test, but it makes it only worse.

Is there a (internal) setting changed, from the merlin's compared to the hgg?
Disabled qos, hw acceleration, etc to test but the speed doesn't go higher :(
I'm back at merlin's one now, and now the speed is 200+ again.

What can be wrong here?

Hi all,

After finished everything, my speed @5ghz is max. 100mbit, while it was 210+ on merlin's one.
I changed channel settings, as wel some other to test, but it makes it only worse.

What can be wrong here?

Is this on 20mhz? I found changing to 40mhz makes a massive improvement.

Hi all,

What can be wrong here?

Your seeing what can happen when TX power is blasting sure the signal is awesome but through put suffers had the same issue in the past on this firmware in fact my iPad dropped down to 12 Mbps with Merlin builds it was 85 Mbps.

Is this on 20mhz? I found changing to 40mhz makes a massive improvement.

My tests were done with 40MHz, channel 40, power 70% and it's working very well.
I tried 90% and the speed is much lower.
Now I'm back to 70% (default one) and I'm happy again :)
I didn't tried other combinations.
I used this one because I have it set also in the previous version.
I have AC87U

Your seeing what can happen when TX power is blasting sure the signal is awesome but through put suffers had the same issue in the past on this firmware in fact my iPad dropped down to 12 Mbps with Merlin builds it was 85 Mbps.

At the risk of going around in circles (I had a similar reply yesterday) I find this hard to understand, surely increasing the transmit power to what it should be pre-nerf will have little or no effect on throughput? Personally I am getting the best performance I have ever had on my rtn66u from gomes's firmware. Sending files across the network to nas and back again at 28-32 MBps, connecting pc at 450Mbps, full 100/6 on speedtest, mobiles /tablets doing about 60 down, with up to 20 devices running. I use 40mhz 5ghz chan 64 and chan 6 40mhz 2.4ghz. Power maxed. Qos only bandwidth throttle on upload on 2 devices. I understand there are those that care about FCC regulations, but personally I don't give 2 hoots, I bought this router to do a job, it did that job fine then it got nerfed and was not as I bought it. It is now back as it should be. Happy Days.

At the risk of going around in circles (I had a similar reply yesterday) I find this hard to understand, surely increasing the transmit power to what it should be pre-nerf will have little or no effect on throughput? Personally I am getting the best performance I have ever had on my rtn66u from gomes's firmware. Sending files across the network to nas and back again at 28-32 MBps, connecting pc at 450Mbps, full 100/6 on speedtest, mobiles /tablets doing about 60 down, with up to 20 devices running. I use 40mhz 5ghz chan 64 and chan 6 40mhz 2.4ghz. Power maxed. Qos only bandwidth throttle on upload on 2 devices. I understand there are those that care about FCC regulations, but personally I don't give 2 hoots, I bought this router to do a job, it did that job fine then it got nerfed and was not as I bought it. It is now back as it should be. Happy Days.

My post has nothing to do with FCC regulations, just posting what my experience was on certain devices with the power jacked full blast your mileage may vary.

What you should be more concerned with is HGgomes refuses to release the source code for this firmware if that don't worry you it should. The safety of running this code is not certain and you should proceed with caution. :eek:

My post has nothing to do with FCC regulations, just posting what my experience was on certain devices with the power jacked full blast your mileage may vary.

What you should be more concerned with is HGgomes refuses to release the source code for this firmware if that don't worry you it should. The safety of running this code is not certain and you should proceed with caution. :eek:

As I think someone stated previously on this subject, I am sure someone as clever as HGgomes could find easier ways of hacking if that was his thing. I'm also sure that again others would of ripped open his firmware and had a look. I let the smart guys worry about that kind of thing.

Read this post by Octopus and the % scale from this post. If you can't understand the stuff described there, then most probably you don't have enough discretion to use this fork.

Power comes with responsibility. If you can't control, then safer not to fall into your hands. At 100% scale, I bet most of you are violating law in your country (that's nothing to do with FCC...welcome to prove me wrong :rolleyes:)

IMO, a responsible engineer shall not assist ignorant people violating law. Also many people had discussed a while back, Asuswrt-Merlin is distributed under GPL. This fork is distributing binary but without disclosing source code. It's a violation of the GPL license. Hence, the right to use the binary software is not granted to its users.

I understand there are those that care about FCC regulations, but personally I don't give 2 hoots
You have the right to your opinion.....two things from my perspective.
- this thinking is what is leading to the FCC forcing router manufacturers to further lock down the code, making it more difficult for 3rd party developers to make enhancements
- personally, I'd be a bit concerned if I were hggomes about a contact from the FCC or EU regulators....using posts like yours as exhibit A.

Read this post by Octopus and the % scale from this post. If you can't understand the stuff described there, then most probably you don't have enough discretion to use this fork.

Power comes with responsibility. If you can't control, then safer not to fall into your hands. At 100% scale, I bet most of you are violating law in your country (that's nothing to do with FCC...welcome to prove me wrong :rolleyes:)

IMO, a responsible engineer shall not assist ignorant people violating law. Also many people had discussed a while back, Asuswrt-Merlin is distributed under GPL. This fork is distributing binary but without disclosing source code. It's a violation of the GPL license. Hence, the right to use the binary software is not granted to its users.
I hear you, I didn't know at 100% it was pushing 1000mw to be fair. Although surely the onus should be on the manufacturer to produce a router that cannot go ahead of limits, or at least the FCC etc should honour the use of what was currently available when sold: I bought my router to do what it does, surely it is wrong to change it post sale, or are they going to refund the cash percentage difference for the power loss percentage difference ?
I also do not consider it ignorant to want to use the router that you bought how it was when you bought it. It is not black and white, a house in the middle of a field for example should be allowed to use a higher power than perhaps one in an innercity appartment next to an airfield?

Last edited:
You have the right to your opinion.....two things from my perspective.
- this thinking is what is leading to the FCC forcing router manufacturers to further lock down the code, making it more difficult for 3rd party developers to make enhancements
- personally, I'd be a bit concerned if I were hggomes about a contact from the FCC or EU regulators....using posts like yours as exhibit A.

He only writes the code, it is up to the user what they do with it. Same as like mobile repeaters etc. It is fine to sell them, just not to use them. As for EU regulations, my country is cursed by them, hence the want for referendum to leave the EU, however we should avoid mixing politics into the equation.

Last edited:
He only writes the code, it is up to the user what they do with it. Same as like mobile repeaters etc. It is fine t

Not the same. Not posting the source is a violation and should not be released to the public.

Status
Not open for further replies.