What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Fix OpenVPN server connected client status on the main server page - @atkinsom

Hi John,

Confirmed that this fix is working. Thanks very much.

Hi. Does the transmission work stably on this firmware (V23E4)?
Yes, it does if you do not overload your poor small router CPU with too many torrents or to fast speed plus you have add a swap file to overcome the memory shortage. :rolleyes:

ok, no answer again, I'll try to go back to v22 and see if that goes back to normal.

@john9527 did you have a chance to think what these (probably) related issues could be or what I could provide to pinpoint the issue?
It happens at least twice per week and I couldn't see any obvious reason from the logs.

Summary: my cabled linux satellite receiver going through vpn (nordvpn) just loses internet connectivity, my phones not in vpn have intermittent wifi downtimes of a few seconds per minute (both on 2.4 and 5 freq), my laptop (wifi and vpn) seems fine (although it might have the wifi issue like the phones but I don't have online games to notice it easily).
I just checked pings and although all devices can resolve google.com, only the satellite receiver cannot ping it.

Router reboot solves it and the rest of the time all works perfectly.
I am not 100% sure, but I think it started with release 23 (I use only stable).

I also flashed latest stable, formatted jffs, and restored previous backup.

You are correct, and I tried also without.
But why should it start malfunctioning after a while?
And my jffs has only one nat script with 2 lines .

Can you try without restoring backup( I assume it was jffs backup)?

@john9527 did you have a chance to think what these (probably) related issues could be or what I could provide to pinpoint the issue?
It happens at least twice per week and I couldn't see any obvious reason from the logs.

Summary: my cabled linux satellite receiver going through vpn (nordvpn) just loses internet connectivity, my phones not in vpn have intermittent wifi downtimes of a few seconds per minute (both on 2.4 and 5 freq), my laptop (wifi and vpn) seems fine (although it might have the wifi issue like the phones but I don't have online games to notice it easily).
I just checked pings and although all devices can resolve google.com, only the satellite receiver cannot ping it.

Router reboot solves it and the rest of the time all works perfectly.
I am not 100% sure, but I think it started with release 23 (I use only stable).

I also flashed latest stable, formatted jffs, and restored previous backup.
Sorry for the delay....been tied up with a lot of personal 'stuff'......

I did take a look at the log, and there is nothing unusual from the base router view. The address you pinpointed looked perfectly normal, only showing DHCP renew on schedule.

But, your VPN connect is another story....it's bouncing up and down on an hourly basis. You are another NordVPN user, and it appears as if they have migrated their servers to 2.4.x, and V23 is the first release to move to 2.4.0. In this config it looks like they are pushing custom keepalive and inactive timers to your client, along with using the new ciphers.

So, a couple of things to check/try in your custom config

if you have a keepalive statement, remove it (I've seen problems where a mismatch between client and server causes disconnects)

try adding
inactive 0
push "inactive 0"

finally, try disabling the new ciphers
set Cipher Negotiation to disabled in the gui
add
ncp-disable
to the custom config.

Thanks a lot for the help!
Do you want me to try this in order to troubleshoot your new version with 2.4.x, or should I stay a while with the v22 that I just restored in order to confirm it is a version bump issue?

I'm using Asuswrt-Merlin is this the wrong thread
Yes it's the wrong thread. I suggest that delete your original post and recreate it in a new thread in the main Asuswrt-Merlin forum. That way more people are likely to see it. Or if you think your problem is related to a specific release, post in that release's thread (like you have for Merlin 380.65_2).

I don't see anything in the FW downloads about John's Fork?
Look at post #1 in this thread.

Yes it's the wrong thread.

Not doing to good for a new guy huh?

I suggest that delete your original post and recreate it in a new thread in the main Asuswrt-Merlin forum.
I saw another thread I posted in where others are having the same issue, this is what happens when you try a new forum with to much going on around you...
Or if you think your problem is related to a specific release, post in that release's thread (like you have for Merlin 380.65_2).

Yea I have 380.65_4

Look at post #1 in this thread.

How embarrassing...

Thanks.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!