What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

AFAIK, Asus never added the additional channels for the AC56. I can take a crack at adding them for the next beta.
Yes please, then wireless site survey work nicer with more channels to scan. (Ch 36 - 165)
Octopus

A weekend Beta release for those who just need to try something new :)

BETA RELEASE: Update-25B7
29-April-2017
Merlin fork 374.43_2-25B7j9527
Download http://bit.ly/1UGjcOX
============================

Following are the major changes (full changelog is in the zip files)

Update-25B7 Highlights
  • NEW: haveged: add support version 1.9.1
    This ensures a sufficient entropy (supply of random numbers) is available for crypto operations
  • CHANGED: libsodium: update to 1.0.12
    This is the crypto engine used by DNSCrypt
  • CHANGED: dnsmasq: update to 2.77test3
    This fixes a problem in retrying a truncated UDP DNS response with TCP. It is more likely to occur when using DNSSEC.
  • FIXED: openvpn: (upstream) auth-token - ensure tokens are always wiped on de-auth
    This is an upstream security fix for OpenVPN 2.4.1
  • FIXED: minidlna could use the default location for it's db instead of using the USB drive
  • NEW: Add command line utilities to move HTTPS cert between NVRAM and JFFS
    • To move the HTTPS (router SSL) cert, enter
      https2jffs or
      https2nvram
    IMPORTANT: If you wish to revert to a firmware prior to Update-25 and have moved the HTTPS cert to JFFS, you MUST move it back to NVRAM prior to loading the earlier firmware.
  • NEW: webui: support select for individual openvpn clients
    You can now have additional clients defined in the OpenVPN Client gui, and select if that rule is to be active. The OpenVPN instance needs to be restarted when making a 'selection' change (if the client is running, select 'Apply' in the gui).
  • NEW: wl: add support for DFS channels for EU AC56U (experimental)
    Use the same instructions for the N66U DFS support in Merlin_Fork_Options.txt
  • NEW: wl: add AC66, N66, AC56 support for auto select DFS channels when DFS channels are enabled (experimental)
  • CHANGED: nano: (backport) update to 2.8.1
  • FIXED: mssl: (backport) disable all 3DES ciphers

As always, a reminder to users with MIPS routers to have a backup of /jffs in case the jffs space needs to be reformatted due to increases in firmware size.

SHA256
Code:
ec91a4c3f4a11dca5c1e583e76d3f94f5f7bf8f88f5527e6b67226da3596d88c  RT-AC68U_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-25B7j9527.trx
be6403b00ebd62ba8428e4cb7fc0e3dbc4b9a4c25399df88caf13a82621e3e21  RT-AC56U_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-25B7j9527.trx
0aec7039410d43d09b258198149a4c3ab81c2afcf4ae0d5692963682bb94b408  RT-N16_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-25B7j9527.trx
7f7cd0e741bf77d7aa3ea59bffa29102d064df92b149bfab780fc195651b9e17  RT-AC66U_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-25B7j9527.trx
041e3ddc9eb24641af3e84b4a0fa51e5ac2914b00f949e1adafd2fdb90082227  RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-25B7j9527.trx

Last edited:
No worries! Things are running peachy over here still on 24E3. Will update once we have a break (wife is still working on the same project as our last testing session).

I proofread that post and still made a mistake :mad:....it should be 'more likely with DNSSEC'
One symptom is that browsing to some sites would come up with a site 'not found' browser error.
Using DNSSEC with public Google servers .. dns resolution seems to be quicker now.
At least it feels quicker ;)

Thanks for all your good work !

Yes please, then wireless site survey work nicer with more channels to scan. (Ch 36 - 165)
Octopus
@john9527
Just tested and not working (25B7), used "Ability to enable DFS channels for N66U EU routers" "nvram set wl_dfs_enable=1"
If it suppose to show a DFS checkbox, there isn't any.
Octopus

Last edited:
installed 24E3 on my AC66u

any reason why i see this error in the log?

Jan 1 01:00:22 syslog: module cdc_wdm not found in modules.dep
Jan 1 01:00:22 syslog: module qmi_wwan not found in modules.dep
Jan 1 01:00:22 syslog: module cdc_mbim not found in modules.dep

Hello, I have a question about regulatory domain.
By default this firware enables US regulatory domain, but I live in Italy.
When I change the regulatory domain to EU, the speed drops from 50Mbit to 5Mbit
Code:
# wl country EU

In both cases the TX power is set to 50 mW
Code:
# wl txpwr1 -m 50

Do you know why?

probably because setting only one item makes no sense.(You have 2 frequencies)
Setting the router to EU gives You the lowest posssible power (which should be at least 50mW)

for the AC66U and the AC68U You have special commands to change the router to NO COUNTRY
this enables all the features and the highest power settings.
This way you can pick any channel or power selection.

in case you have the AC66U

Code:
nvram set pci/1/1/ccode=#a
nvram set pci/1/1/regrev=0
nvram set pci/2/1/ccode=#a
nvram set pci/2/1/regrev=0
nvram set regulation_domain_5G=#a
nvram set regulation_domain=#a
nvram set wl0_country_code=#a
nvram set wl0_country_rev=0
nvram set wl0_reg_mode=off
nvram set wl1_country_code=#a
nvram set wl1_country_rev=0
nvram set wl1_reg_mode=off
nvram commit
reboot

originele  codes are

nvram set pci/1/1/ccode=EU
nvram set pci/1/1/regrev=13
nvram set pci/2/1/ccode=EU
nvram set pci/2/1/regrev=13
nvram set regulation_domain_5G=EU
nvram set regulation_domain=EU
nvram set wl0_country_code=EU
nvram set wl0_country_rev=13
nvram set wl0_reg_mode=off
nvram set wl1_country_code=EU
nvram set wl1_country_rev=13
nvram set wl1_reg_mode=h
nvram commit
reboot

Hello, I have a question about regulatory domain.
By default this firware enables US regulatory domain, but I live in Italy.
When I change the regulatory domain to EU, the speed drops from 50Mbit to 5Mbit
Code:
# wl country EU

In both cases the TX power is set to 50 mW
Code:
# wl txpwr1 -m 50

Do you know why?

Actually I forgot to say 2 important things: I only use 2.4 Ghz and I want to follow regulatory domain rules

Had my first drop out on 24E3 , lost wifi and wired internet, reboot sorted it but Ive had this happen about 3 times now on this latest firmware and the edition before.

Maybe its time I upgrade my n66u to something newer?

Really not sure whats causing it.

Had my first drop out on 24E3 , lost wifi and wired internet, reboot sorted it but Ive had this happen about 3 times now on this latest firmware and the edition before.

Maybe its time I upgrade my n66u to something newer?

Really not sure whats causing it.

Same here.. Been loosing internet on the ports at random but the WIFI will continue on... Reboot solves it but I have been having this issues as well on these last two versions. (23-24) Running 2 N66U's over here - one is the main router and the other is in AP mode. The AP is connected to the main N66 via WAN Ethernet port and then the 1-4 ethernet ports will just stop connecting to the internet but the wifi will still work on the AP. So the AP is getting internet through the WAN port and continues to feed it to Wifi but the ports suddenly stop responding. I'll admit it isn't happening very often and there seems to be no pattern to it, but it is happening and continues to happen. Sometimes I can go 7-10 days with no issues, while other times it's only a few days before a reboot is needed. No special setup over here... just running the router like you would right out of the box.

That might have been also what I reported some time ago, and I noticed it only on my satellite receiver because it is the only wired device I use consistently.
John thought it might have been related to VPN, but maybe that applied (or not) to the periodical temporary internet loss on wireless devices, which were not behind vpn anyway.

Same here.. Been loosing internet on the ports at random but the WIFI will continue on... Reboot solves it but I have been having this issues as well on these last two versions. (23-24) Running 2 N66U's over here - one is the main router and the other is in AP mode. The AP is connected to the main N66 via WAN Ethernet port and then the 1-4 ethernet ports will just stop connecting to the internet but the wifi will still work on the AP. So the AP is getting internet through the WAN port and continues to feed it to Wifi but the ports suddenly stop responding. I'll admit it isn't happening very often and there seems to be no pattern to it, but it is happening and continues to happen. Sometimes I can go 7-10 days with no issues, while other times it's only a few days before a reboot is needed. No special setup over here... just running the router like you would right out of the box.

Actually the regulatory domain makes no sense in the EU.
all countries in the EU have different maximum power allowance settings.
THis was to complicated for Asus so the took the country with the lowest power setting and applied this to ALL countries
eg i am in the netherlands and am allowed to use 100mW but can only get 50mW.

The nr1 reason to bypass this setting
Actually I forgot to say 2 important things: I only use 2.4 Ghz and I want to follow regulatory domain rules

John, make sure you have this patch applied, or that your checkout doesn't have the RFC-6842 implementation in it. At least one Tomato user ran into issues with it, and now Simon has reverted the implementation on Git.

http://thekelleys.org.uk/gitweb/?p=dnsmasq.git;a=commit;h=a9df0e30b06675ac8042d434af9a319764ed2f08
I didn't pick up any dnsmasq update in V24 because of that issue (it's still the same 2.76 as it's been since V18). For the V25 beta, it picks up 2.77test3, which is the release before it picked up that RFC, but did fix the truncated UDP response. I also read the tomato posts....

Last edited:
have one in AP mode and one in MEDIA Mode
the tools PAGE shows "HW acceleration Enabled (CTF + FA)"

I think this was at one time fixed on the "Router Mode" of operation to just show "CTF only "
I set ctf_fa_cap = 0 and rebooted if did change the HW acceleration to enable
The code actually does a test to determine what FA mode is supported (it correctly identifies my AC68R rev A1 as not supporting FA, but my AC68P as support FA). I suspect that depending on the hardware, some AC56's will support FA mode, just like some AC68s will suppport FA mode. Were all your AC56s bought at the same time?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!